Savvy Decisions: Many Gays Keep One Foot in the Closet

Started by garbon, June 20, 2011, 01:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on June 23, 2011, 09:00:39 AM
Quote from: HVC on June 20, 2011, 02:35:19 PM
Why does everyone need to know anyway? Straight people don't go around saying "hi, my name is bob, i'm straight". Why are gays expected to out themselves?

Straight people often do it in ways they do not realize. Talking about chicks, wearing a wedding ring, having pictures of kids on their desk etc.

You are confusing being straight with being human.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: HVC on June 20, 2011, 02:35:19 PM
Why does everyone need to know anyway? Straight people don't go around saying "hi, my name is bob, i'm straight". Why are gays expected to out themselves?

No but Bob will raise an eyebrow, or comment on Hot Chick X, Y, or Z and expect Gay Bob to do the same. Which Gay Bob may or may not do.
:p