News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Olympics ticketing disaster

Started by Warspite, June 22, 2011, 05:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warspite

So I put in for £400 worth of tickets in the ballot, and got £100 debited last month from my account. The allocations came through today:

1. Rowing (Men's fours final and some lightweight events - not bad)
2. Water Polo quarterfinals (AWESOME)

Then I look harder, and realise that through a lapse of concentration during my initial application, I've bought WOMEN'S waterpolo tickets.

:cry:

:weep:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

alfred russel

I imagine the Olympic Committee was thrilled by your order. "See George, I told you that someone would buy the Women's Water Polo tickets at £50 per. And with still a year to go before the event we can still sell the rest of the seats at £10, or failing that give them to handicapped children."
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

I'm not enough of a water polo afficianado to understand why tickets to the womens' event is such a disaster.  Now if it had been womens' weightlifting...

jamesww

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 22, 2011, 05:24:21 PM
I'm not enough of a water polo afficianado to understand why tickets to the womens' event is such a disaster.  Now if it had been womens' weightlifting...

It's probably because Croatia are big in mens water polo.

ulmont

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 22, 2011, 05:24:21 PM

Nothing wrong with womens' weightlifting, except for the superheavyweights.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

You're upset about seeing a bunch of women in swimming costumes rather than men without body hair weaing apple catchers?
Is women's water polo really so much worse? Its not exactly a sport that sets the world on fire usually...
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on June 22, 2011, 06:34:14 PM
You're upset about seeing a bunch of women in swimming costumes rather than men without body hair weaing apple catchers?
Is women's water polo really so much worse? Its not exactly a sport that sets the world on fire usually...
I have to agree with Tyr on this one.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Warspite

Water polo is not a sport conducive to a hot frame on women.

Still, at least it's another opportunity to enjoy the Olympic Experience(tm) of transport chaos and overpriced food and drink all in a delapidated part of London.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

MadBurgerMaker

That kinda sucks.  Women's water polo is, like all women's sports, slower than the men's version, but it's not as bad as the WNBA vs the NBA, for example.  They do still beat on each other too if you're in to that thing. 

One of the more interesting broken noses I ever saw happened during a women's water polo game in high school.  Chick A got the ball in the center, so naturally her defender, chick B, went to foul her.  Chick A wasn't having any of that shit, and chick B didn't fuck her up enough to get the whistle, so A kicked up and spun around with her elbows up to take a shot, and caught B just in the right spot on the side of her nose.  There was this weird kinda crunchy noise plus the "UUGH" type sound B made (you could hear all this in the stands), and her nose was like...sideways.

DGuller

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.