And we're back!

Main Menu

Oppressed Gay Defends Self Against Puppy

Started by Habbaku, June 23, 2011, 06:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Local news!

Quotehttp://www.wsbtv.com/news/28336224/detail.html

COBB COUNTY, Ga. -- After miraculously surviving being stuffed in a burning oven, Melody, a 20-month-old pit bull mix puppy, is recovering smoothly.

Channel 2's Ross Cavitt paid Melody a visit and said besides the booties and scars, Melody almost looks like a normal, happy puppy.

Gary Moore Jr., 25, of Cobb County, was charged with felony animal cruelty under a new statute in connection with the incident.

Moore appeared in court and asked that his bond be reduced so he could be released from jail.

Detective Steve Nolan testified in court that Moore confessed to putting Melody in a hot oven, saying the puppy had reminded him of an estranged boyfriend.

"Their relationship was not going forward and at that point he grabbed the dog, placed it in the oven, closed the door and held the oven door shut for a period of a few seconds," the detective said in court.

Moore told the detective he released Melody when she began howling, but did not seek medical treatment for her. His roommate took her in four days later.

Judge Frank Cox granted Moore a lower bond under the condition that he move in with his mother, and not live near any animals. Moore later bonded out, Cavitt confirmed.

Melody's recovery, in the meantime, is considered nothing short of a canine miracle.

What a hero.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

He was probably drive to do by his worship of a bronze age/stone age/pre-Cambrian God.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Moore confessed to putting Melody in a hot oven, saying the puppy had reminded him of an estranged boyfriend.

Drama bomb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Scipio

Quote from: Habbaku on June 23, 2011, 06:13:30 PM
Local news!

Quotehttp://www.wsbtv.com/news/28336224/detail.html

COBB COUNTY, Ga. -- After miraculously surviving being stuffed in a burning oven, Melody, a 20-month-old pit bull mix puppy, is recovering smoothly.

Channel 2's Ross Cavitt paid Melody a visit and said besides the booties and scars, Melody almost looks like a normal, happy puppy.

Gary Moore Jr., 25, of Cobb County, was charged with felony animal cruelty under a new statute in connection with the incident.

Moore appeared in court and asked that his bond be reduced so he could be released from jail.

Detective Steve Nolan testified in court that Moore confessed to putting Melody in a hot oven, saying the puppy had reminded him of an estranged boyfriend.

"Their relationship was not going forward and at that point he grabbed the dog, placed it in the oven, closed the door and held the oven door shut for a period of a few seconds," the detective said in court.

Moore told the detective he released Melody when she began howling, but did not seek medical treatment for her. His roommate took her in four days later.

Judge Frank Cox granted Moore a lower bond under the condition that he move in with his mother, and not live near any animals. Moore later bonded out, Cavitt confirmed.

Melody's recovery, in the meantime, is considered nothing short of a canine miracle.

What a hero.
Regardless of Viking's objection, we need to euthanise Moore.  WTF?  Just give the dog away, asshole.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Josquius

I suggest an eye for an eye in this case.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on June 23, 2011, 06:54:16 PM
I suggest an eye for an eye in this case.

Tanning beds are so last decade.  :rolleyes:

Viking

Quote from: Scipio on June 23, 2011, 06:27:24 PM
Regardless of Viking's objection, we need to euthanise Moore.  WTF?  Just give the dog away, asshole.

Fair enough.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.