News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Shooting up the Police

Started by Slargos, June 18, 2011, 05:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

So today another round of shooting occurred in Malmö, target as usual being the police station in Rosengård [the mud ghetto].

Now, I'm curious, is this something that happens everywhere? I know that police officers are shot in the line of duty, but actually drive-by shooting against a police building?

Eddie Teach

Nope, it only happens in lawless hellholes like Sweden.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Iormlund

I don't recall any such occurrence. It doesn't make much sense  to shoot a police station though, since ours are built to withstand the occasional ETA car bomb and have guys with loaded assault rifles guarding them.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Slargos on June 18, 2011, 05:41:53 AM
So today another round of shooting occurred in Malmö, target as usual being the police station in Rosengård [the mud ghetto].

Now, I'm curious, is this something that happens everywhere? I know that police officers are shot in the line of duty, but actually drive-by shooting against a police building?
Unless someone was looking to commit suicide by cop that would never happen in the US.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Slargos

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 18, 2011, 05:52:32 AM
Nope, it only happens in lawless hellholes like Sweden.

I realize that at some point in history, this has happened everywhere.  :rolleyes:

This has become more or less common in Malmö, however. Not an oddity.

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 18, 2011, 06:02:39 AM
Quote from: Slargos on June 18, 2011, 05:41:53 AM

Unless someone was looking to commit suicide by cop that would never happen in the US.

Precinct 13. :contract:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Pedrito

I think in some parts of southern Italy it could be happening, but it's an entirely different problem of organized crime there.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Scipio

I can guaran-damn-tee you that if anyone ever took a shot at the police station in Hattiesburg, it would attract a mob divided into two separate groups of people: those shooting at the cops, and those taking the opportunity to shoot the people shooting at the cops.  While the HPD sat inside and watched.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Martinus

Don't recall that kind of thing ever happning in Warsaw. But as I said in the other thread, we don't have Muslims in Poland.

Mr.Penguin

About 15 years ago did we have a couple shooting where a local police station in Nørrebro, Copenhagen was targeted by a gang of young 2nd generation immigrants (arabs), It was meant to scare the police and show the other gangs how hardcore they were. Bad idea, it didn't scare the police, it just made the Police much more interested in cracking down on the gang...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Slargos

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on June 18, 2011, 11:04:09 AM
About 15 years ago did we have a couple shooting where a local police station in Nørrebro, Copenhagen was targeted by a gang of young 2nd generation immigrants (arabs), It was meant to scare the police and show the other gangs how hardcore they were. Bad idea, it didn't scare the police, it just made the Police much more interested in cracking down on the gang...

Probably something of the same here.

It will be interesting to see how Aina deals with it, however.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Martinus on June 18, 2011, 09:32:00 AM
Don't recall that kind of thing ever happning in Warsaw. But as I said in the other thread, we don't have Muslims in Poland.
But you do have Poles.  :yuk:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Grey Fox

Around here, it's the cops shooting you that you have to worry about. Those idiots barely can aim.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

Poland has Polacks, and Sweden has Muslims, and that's because Sweden got first pick.  This kind of thing may start up in Warsaw once the Polacks develop the technology "gunpowder."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Slargos

Quote from: grumbler on June 18, 2011, 12:14:54 PM
Poland has Polacks, and Sweden has Muslims, and that's because Sweden got first pick.  This kind of thing may start up in Warsaw once the Polacks develop the technology "gunpowder."

:pinch: