News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Jailhouse insult

Started by Barrister, June 15, 2011, 03:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

The Urban Dictionary is about as useful as asking a random person on the street.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Quote from: Martinus on June 16, 2011, 09:39:41 AM
"goof" = "gay" + "poof"? :unsure:

Nope. In common English usage (that is, non-criminal) a "goof" or someone who acts "goofy" is someone who is silly or kind of a fuck-up; but it is more affectionate than perjorative. Hence the Disney character "Goofy"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goofy

Hence, the bizzareness of the term "goof" morphing into a "fighting words" sort of insult among the criminal set. Among normal people, it certainly would not be.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Yeah I am definitely going to think twice before telling people I am 'goofing around'.  It seems that would get me killed in prison.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."