News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

A Dance With Dragons

Started by Viking, June 13, 2011, 10:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Well, the next book is ready and will be published in 30 days time on 12 July. So, I'm going to use this opportunity to post predictions, not just for the book but for the remainder of the series.

- The Sailor's Wife in Braavos is actually Tysha Lannister (wife of Tyrion) and her daughter the blonde Lanna is his daughter and ultimate heir to Casterly Rock.

- The book Maester Aemon left on Jon's desk tells him the story of the TOJ, his part in it.

- Jon is son of Rhaegar + Lyanna (obvious prediction).

- Ned learned about the prophecy from Lyanna. Howland Reed knows as well and Ned told the Mormonts.

- Longclaw = Dawn = Lightbringer

- Mance is Rhaegar

- Aurane Waters = Aegon son of Rhaegar

- Dany gets two fleets, the Iron Fleet and Aurane's Fleet.

- Janos Slynt tries to kill Jon and he or one of the other Lannister catspaws "succeeds", this means Jon is released from his NW oath, he is revived by melisandre. 
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Brain

- Characters mysteriously age several years instantly.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quotehttp://mance is Rhaegar

Woah :tinfoil:

- Victarion kills Quentyn Martell
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Solmyr

Isn't Aurane Waters a bit too old to be Aegon? He's over twenty, while Aegon would have been only slightly older than Robb and Jon.

HisMajestyBOB

- Every bit character is either someone else, or the son/daughter of an important character. Half the cast of appropriate age are sons of Rhaegar.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on June 13, 2011, 10:53:06 AM
Isn't Aurane Waters a bit too old to be Aegon? He's over twenty, while Aegon would have been only slightly older than Robb and Jon.

He was an infant at the time of the sack of KL, so he would be some years older than Robb, Jon and Dany.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote- The Sailor's Wife in Braavos is actually Tysha Lannister (wife of Tyrion) and her daughter the blonde Lanna is his daughter and ultimate heir to Casterly Rock.
:tinfoil: That's a new one. Never heard that before.

Agreed on Jon. Seems rather obvious. Though that every fan has been predicting it forever sort of makes me think George might go another way...but nah.

Jon dying and being released from his oath....maybe in a future book, don't think its coming next.

Aurane Waters being someone of note...nah. Hope not anyway. That seems a bit potentially obvious not just to readers but to people in universe.

I'm sticking with Melisandre= Anti-Other. Some sort of symetry is in place with Asshai and its permanent night. Though doubt that will come up in the next book, Dany is going to Valeria there, not Asshai.
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

Quote from: Viking on June 13, 2011, 11:00:17 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on June 13, 2011, 10:53:06 AM

He was an infant at the time of the sack of KL, so he would be some years older than Robb, Jon and Dany.

Still Aegon would not be older than 20, while Aurane is over that.

Eddie Teach

Most of the predictions in this thread will prove to be wrong.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Cecil

I predict he will start a million billion new small plotlines that go all over the place most of which will go fucking nowhere and by the books end he will have resolved none of the old or new ones. Also I predict much annoyance when the next book will be announced in 2018 which will be the last as he dies from obesity run rampant a month later.

Valmy

Quote from: Cecil on June 13, 2011, 12:24:46 PM
I predict he will start a million billion new small plotlines that go all over the place most of which will go fucking nowhere and by the books end he will have resolved none of the old or new ones. Also I predict much annoyance when the next book will be announced in 2018 which will be the last as he dies from obesity run rampant a month later.

:lol: Bitter much?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Cecil

Quote from: Valmy on June 13, 2011, 12:41:53 PM
Quote from: Cecil on June 13, 2011, 12:24:46 PM

:lol: Bitter much?

More like needling the fantards that seems to populate every forum in the universe. Personally I never understood whats so great about this series. Though I´ve read it through it always struck me as pretty average. The books tend to take about a year to read through as they never capture my fancy enough for more than a chapter or two.

Valmy

Quote from: Cecil on June 13, 2011, 12:55:58 PM
More like needling the fantards that seems to populate every forum in the universe. Personally I never understood whats so great about this series. Though I´ve read it through it always struck me as pretty average. The books tend to take about a year to read through as they never capture my fancy enough for more than a chapter or two.

Your needling would be more effective if you did not post like you are a bitter fantard of the series yourself.

Fair enough.  Lots of people like all sorts of things I do not care for.

Cecil

Quote from: Valmy on June 13, 2011, 12:59:49 PM
Quote from: Cecil on June 13, 2011, 12:55:58 PM

Your needling would be more effective if you did not post like you are a bitter fantard of the series yourself.

Fair enough.  Lots of people like all sorts of things I do not care for.

Probably my annoyance that every fantasy discussion thread I´ve read/written in the last 15 years always get populated by Martin fans screaming the glory of the series and eating up all the other actually interesting shit like a horde of cyberlocusts.