News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I was: deadly in my Hetzer  :menace:

Also, Seedy, M4 Sherman is just pure awesomness with the howitzer. Money making machine, and can troll the bigger tanks as well. Nothing better than derping some über asshole in the back when he flat out ignores you in his Tier 8 Getotofmaway

HVC

I affectionately call it the turtle. My summer camo actually makes it look like a turtle lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on January 29, 2013, 12:52:21 PM
Also, Seedy, M4 Sherman is just pure awesomness with the howitzer. Money making machine, and can troll the bigger tanks as well. Nothing better than derping some über asshole in the back when he flat out ignores you in his Tier 8 Getotofmaway

Yeah, sounds a lot more fun, just gotta grind through the Lee.

I really don't see the reason why artillery is in the game, since apparently its only purpose for it is to get rammed by a Stuart at the beginning of the game.  Seems like a waste of exp.

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 29, 2013, 06:46:05 PM
Quote from: Tamas on January 29, 2013, 12:52:21 PM

Yeah, sounds a lot more fun, just gotta grind through the Lee.

I really don't see the reason why artillery is in the game, since apparently its only purpose for it is to get rammed by a Stuart at the beginning of the game.  Seems like a waste of exp.
You get the highest kill ratios in the arty, once you learn to use it.

HVC

Taking 50 life at a time off higher tiers is frustrating, but in games with equal tiers it's fun.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

the stug is sex on wheels... er tracks

DGuller

Quote from: HVC on January 29, 2013, 11:09:08 PM
It is?  I found it quite underwhelming.  Then again, that was before you could HEAT everyone for silver.

HVC

Quote from: DGuller on January 30, 2013, 01:28:51 AM
Quote from: HVC on January 29, 2013, 11:09:08 PM
It is?  I found it quite underwhelming.  Then again, that was before you could HEAT everyone for silver.
well, my first tank at that tier lol

Tamas

you can get premium ammo for silver? Since when? I havent played in quite a while but still

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

C.C.R.

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 29, 2013, 07:40:21 AM
Ass.  :P
I should be in both the Lee and the T-34 sometime this evening.

Been nutty at work this week & not looking to get any better for me any time soon.  I'm off tomorrow (Thursday), though, and will probably be around a fair bit if we happen to bump into each other & want to get something going.  Won't have another day off after that until Tuesday, though...

:ccr

CountDeMoney

Ugh, the T-34 is some slowboating bullshit.
Even though I'm in the Wolverine, I'm having fun shootin' and scootin' with the M8A1.  It's like a TD Stuart.

Still haven't done anything with the German tree;  haven't decided to go tanks or arty, because the tier 3 French arty is killing me, and tier 4 is sooooo far away.  :bleeding:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on January 30, 2013, 02:53:07 AM
you can get premium ammo for silver? Since when? I havent played in quite a while but still

You think I kill Hetzers by just ramming them?

Strix

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 30, 2013, 07:26:30 AM
Ugh, the T-34 is some slowboating bullshit.
Even though I'm in the Wolverine, I'm having fun shootin' and scootin' with the M8A1.  It's like a TD Stuart.

Still haven't done anything with the German tree;  haven't decided to go tanks or arty, because the tier 3 French arty is killing me, and tier 4 is sooooo far away.  :bleeding:

Back away from the Frenchies...just do it while you still have your sanity. I made your same mistake, I figured, "hey, french Arty cannot be that bad, I'll give them a go!". Well, it's rough grind from 3 to 4, and not worth it. You spend a ton of time in Tier 3....missing, and once in awhile you get a hit only for 75% of them to BOUNCE off the target. I quickly switched to the German Arty line. My suggestion is take the light tank route (PZII) to the Wespe. You will rock and roll thru the PZII and the Wespe is superior to the Bison or STPzII (both of which will require you to get waaaaay to close to the enemy to use).
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

DGuller

Yeah, low tier arties should be avoided, if possible.  They don't hit their stride until they get 1000 damage shells.  If you can shortcut the arty tree via some tank, I'd recommend going for it.