News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.C.R.

Quote from: DGuller on January 25, 2013, 07:45:43 PM
Here's a question I've been pondering:  what exactly makes WoT so addictive?

Killing people & breaking shit seems to work for me... :ccr

Strix

Quote from: DGuller on January 25, 2013, 07:45:43 PM
Here's a question I've been pondering:  what exactly makes WoT so addictive?

To quote a famous military genius, "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an Earth shattering kaboom?".

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

katmai

HVC you are the taint, as soon as you left i won my next battle in the Churchill :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

Ya, well once you left CdM and I stopped getting teamed against tier 7's, so there :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Man, I was playing early; must be a population issue at that hour, because my Tier 4 was winding up in Tier 8 pooh fights.  :unsure:

Syt

Do you have a tier 4 light tank? Get used to it. :P Grinding through the Soviet A-20 in Tier 8-10 battles was painful.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

:lol: Yeah, my poor little A-20 has been banged more times than a Languish gay on cocktail night. OOOOH :DICEMAN:

Syt

I started hiding between the big guys, trying to survive to late game when the heavies were slowly mucking about, trying to find each other. Then you'll be pretty invaluable as a scout.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

I love my 105mm Howitzer on my Tier IV US tank destroyer.  It's slow as balls, but when it shows up with a HEAT round, it gets your attention.

DGuller

Yeah, 105 mm howitzers are the most unbalanced guns out there, both the German and the American ones, due to their ability to fire HEAT.  I hope they're going to be nerfed soon in some way, because they're really ridiculous, but by all means enjoy them while you can.

C.C.R.

Quote from: DGuller on January 26, 2013, 01:32:55 PM
Yeah, 105 mm howitzers are the most unbalanced guns out there, both the German and the American ones, due to their ability to fire HEAT.  I hope they're going to be nerfed soon in some way, because they're really ridiculous, but by all means enjoy them while you can.

I agree with you in terms of putting them on meds (Pz IV springs immediately to mind), but putting them on thin skinned, front-mounted TD's doesn't bother me so much.  The former can Juke, Jive & Ram while waiting for the reload, but the latter are pretty vulnerable...

C.C.R.

Chi-Ha is fucking killing me.  Just trying to grind out enough xp to finish researching it out (in case I ever want to come back to chinaman tree) & use the slot to FINALLY pick up a T-150, but I can't buy a win in the little rice burner today...

:(

Jaron

I need to grind up to my next tank. :wub:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

CdM, Kat, and I played TD's today and we were a wall of death. it was fun.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.