News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

After dying in my first battle in, oh, 45 seconds or so, looks like I'm gonna have to buy some gold...

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 22, 2013, 09:01:26 AM
After dying in my first battle in, oh, 45 seconds or so, looks like I'm gonna have to buy some gold...
*ominous sound*

Seedy, at this point, what's limiting you is lack of experience.  It will take you at least a thousand battles before you have somewhat firm grasp of the basics.  Don't be one of those noobs who immediately springs for a Lowe, and then drags down his team when he still gets killed in the first 45 seconds by far more experienced high tier players.

Syt

Yeah, there's some decent video tutorials out there how detection/visibility works, the importance of armor angles etc.

And it will take some time till you know the ins and outs of the maps.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

If he spends the gold on a premium account so he can elite his lower tier tanks quicker that's ok.  It's not a bad idea to spend the first few dozen games in tier one just to learn the ropes.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on January 22, 2013, 09:38:19 AM
Seedy, at this point, what's limiting you is lack of experience.  It will take you at least a thousand battles before you have somewhat firm grasp of the basics.  Don't be one of those noobs who immediately springs for a Lowe, and then drags down his team when he still gets killed in the first 45 seconds by far more experienced high tier players.

Pfft, I die, everybody dies with me.

Berkut

Seedy, you want some pointers feel free to give me a call.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

What is the best country for TD line in your guys opinion?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

Quote from: katmai on January 22, 2013, 05:39:18 PM
What is the best country for TD line in your guys opinion?
IMO, it really depends.  Every nation has something going for it, and whatever that is fits different styles differently. 

If I had to pick one and one only, I'd probably go with the Soviet line.  If you are skilled at staying concealed after firing, and not rushing to the front, SUs from 85 and up can do very well.

katmai

Thanks, just curious as up to Hellcat in American turret and JagPz in german, always heard good things about Soviet
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Jesus, HVC drives a tank like an Asian chick.  If the guy's in a field, he'll go out of his way to crash a telephone pole.   :lol: :P

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 23, 2013, 07:43:44 AM
Jesus, HVC drives a tank like an Asian chick.  If the guy's in a field, he'll go out of his way to crash a telephone pole.   :lol: :P
Sometimes it just to run stuf over :P

but most i can't aim and drive at the same time :blush:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on January 22, 2013, 05:47:15 PM
If I had to pick one and one only, I'd probably go with the Soviet line.  If you are skilled at staying concealed after firing, and not rushing to the front, SUs from 85 and up can do very well.

I basejump in my Russian tanks.

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on January 22, 2013, 01:51:25 PM
Seedy, you want some pointers feel free to give me a call.

yeah, except, Seedy, your shot can end up wherever within your aiming circle. I know that's not how it works for Berkut, but that's how it is for the rest of us. :P

CountDeMoney

Berkut knows his turret transverse speeds, man.

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 23, 2013, 08:35:41 AM
Berkut knows his turret transverse speeds, man.

Well, he does seem to be a good gunner. It's just that he seemed to think at one time that he can tell his gun to always land bullseye shots, and that's not how it works.
What I guess he does, is making sure that he hits SOMETHING on the enemy, even if not what he aimed for.

But the most important thing about this game: play Russian tanks :P Why? The devs are Russian. 'nuff said