And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.C.R.

Quote from: Malicious Intent on January 02, 2013, 06:09:54 PM
Quote from: C.C.R. on January 02, 2013, 03:23:24 PM
Cool.  Thank you for your thought out reply.  Think I'm going to shitcan it, because it still isn't very fun...

You need a lot of XP to get through the Hummel, so grinding it while disliking it would probably be hell. And since there is a substantial nerf for all SPGs incoming in the next patch, now is probably the best time to switch to other branches.

Already ground through my Hummel (it's elited) -- which is why I'm asking if the GW Panther is just more Same-Same or if there is some sort of wonderful, magical thing about it that makes it any more fun to play than the Hummel.

I'm on the cusp of eliting out both my M6 & my VK3001P (need app. 20k xp for each), so will likely just sell the Hummel if I need creds for either the T29 and/or Tiger (P) & use the slot for whatever looks Shiney at the time...

:ccr

Berkut

Well, I would say that if you like arty play in general, the GWP is probably one of the most fun arties in the game.

If you don't like arty play, then you won't like any of them.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Bluebook

Am I the only one here who buys camouflage for the exterior of my favourite tanks?

C.C.R.

@ Berkut:  that honestly answers my question better than anything else.  Looking at the potential damage dished out by the GWP shells, it does look like a significant step up.  I guess at this point it comes down to creds & priorities...

@ Bluebook:  speaking for myself, I think that the camo looks cool, but I can generally find better stuff to do with creds & haven't personally been into the game enough to invest real money for Gold into it, so no camo for me any time soon...

C.C.R.

I know that this is Captain Obvious territory, but it just amazes me how awesome, pound for pound, that the KV-1 is.  I elited mine, sent the crew on to the KV-1S & put a scrub crew in the KV-1 and the thing still just keeps putting creds in the bank for me.  It's to the point where I might build this crew up, buy a T-150 that I don't even really want to put them in & put ANOTHER scrub crew in the KV-1 just to be a douchebag.  But probably not the KV-2, though.  Probably.  Or something...

Strix

Quote from: C.C.R. on January 03, 2013, 04:45:17 PM
I know that this is Captain Obvious territory, but it just amazes me how awesome, pound for pound, that the KV-1 is.  I elited mine, sent the crew on to the KV-1S & put a scrub crew in the KV-1 and the thing still just keeps putting creds in the bank for me.  It's to the point where I might build this crew up, buy a T-150 that I don't even really want to put them in & put ANOTHER scrub crew in the KV-1 just to be a douchebag.  But probably not the KV-2, though.  Probably.  Or something...

I had just as much fun in the T-150 as the KV-1. Though, my record for Wall of Steel in the KV-1 is 89 hits.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Iormlund

Quote from: DGuller on December 25, 2012, 11:40:57 PM
This has to be a record:  my S-51 delivered a shot to E-75, which gave 1214 points of damage and 5 (!) critical hits.  :blink:  That 203 mm shell must've fallen straight down the open hatch.

Once a full health Type 59 caught my Trollcannon KV in the open. I was quite far, on the move and his front was facing me as well. Still, I took a reflex shot and he blew up. I would've loved to see his reaction. :lol:

C.C.R.

Decisions, decisions...

I'm closing in pretty quickly on eliting out both my M6 & my VK3001P, but I've only got the creds sitting around right now for either the T29 or the Tiger (P).  In terms of End Game I'm really trying to catch up on my US & Sov heavies because, ultimately, they're where the Fun is at in the higher tiers.  However, I'm really, really not looking forward to the short- to mid-term grind on the T29, whereas one of the few benefits of going all "LOLFeldgrauTard" early on is that all I'll have to research on the Tiger (P) is the suspension and turret, and I'll have enough free xp to get the suspension right away and put the top engine & long 88 on the Tiger (P) "out-of-the-box," making it immediately competitive.

Thinking it through (which is why I'm even typing this, because it helps), I guess I'll probably go with the Tiger (P) first, if only because it'll put me in a better position to buy the T29 more quickly second then vice-versa.  My only hesitation is that I really, really don't like the M6, and I don't like having to choose between continuing to grind it for Shits & Giggles or benching the crew until I get the T29 & just using the slot for something else for awhile.  I get all stupidly sentimental about developing my crews (one of the little details about the game that I rather enjoy), and probably put too much emphasis on that aspect of the game when deciding when to switch rigs.  I suppose I could just keep putting up with the M6 until the crew's current perk is at 100%, but then it irks me that I'm losing the extra gunner & will be starting fresh with a new second loader -- it's all Asymmetrical & shit, which seems to offend the right side of my brain or something.  I dunno.  Probably best to just keep grinding them both & worry about it when the time comes & I have a head full of beer & shit...

Lndhand

In the for whatever it is worth category, the T-29 is an amazing tank.  The 105 terrorizes lower tiers and can keep you in the fight against tier 8s.  I have the Tiger fully decked out (not the P) and I would never trade the T-29 for the Tiger.  I have enough free exps to hit either the Tiger II or the T-32.  I am having a tough choice because it looks like the Tiger II and the E-75 are both nasty but I am really wanting the American tier 10 heavy.  Hmmmmmm.
The biggest thing I blame Bush for is Obama.

Lndhand

Quote from: Strix on January 02, 2013, 12:44:49 PM
So, being too lazy to cycle back through 148 pages...

What is everyone's game name? Just thought we might compile a list so we can know if we are on the same team or on the opposing force.

I am BenSam

Ltsmoothbore
The biggest thing I blame Bush for is Obama.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Lndhand on January 07, 2013, 01:36:53 PM
In the for whatever it is worth category, the T-29 is an amazing tank.  The 105 terrorizes lower tiers and can keep you in the fight against tier 8s.  I have the Tiger fully decked out (not the P) and I would never trade the T-29 for the Tiger.  I have enough free exps to hit either the Tiger II or the T-32.  I am having a tough choice because it looks like the Tiger II and the E-75 are both nasty but I am really wanting the American tier 10 heavy.  Hmmmmmm.

I know that I fucking HATE going up against T-29's in everything but my Jagdpanther II & my Tiger II and I really respect it, meaning that I really want it & am busting my ass to get it.  But like I said earlier, though, I guess that my dilemma here is a choice between starting a Bitch Of A Grind now & putting off the "Gimme," or getting the "Gimme" first & waiting a LOT less time (in terms of cred production) to then get the Bitch Of A Grind.  The dollars & cents part of my brain is screaming at me to get the Tiger (P) first because of that, but in terms of End Game I don't have any particular aspirations towards the Maus, but a T110E5 looks pretty sweet.  I just want the Tiger (P) because (according to personal observation & Word Around The Campfire) it's better than the Tiger (which I had a lot of fun with) & I'm not going to have to work too hard to pimp it out...

A personal observation on the Tiger II, though:  it's ok, but nowhere near being The End All, Be All of the World of Tanks Experience.  Mine is fully upgraded & about halfway through to being elited, and it's one of the last Go To tanks I choose when just playing for fun after my Daily Doubles are all done.  For better or worse, all three of the Tier VIII's I've had have been German, so I don't have any kind of Frame of Reference to say if it's better, worse or the same as the T32 (let alone the IS-3 or KV-4), but I'd much rather play my Jagdpanther II than my Tiger II.

And to also answer Strix:  I'm Doghouse_Riley on WoT...

Berkut

IS-3>T32>Tiger 2

However, E-75 > M103 > IS-8.

The E-75 with the T10 gun is just freaking awesome. A great combo.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

C.C.R.

Quote from: Berkut on January 07, 2013, 04:28:16 PM
IS-3>T32>Tiger 2

However, E-75 > M103 > IS-8.

The E-75 with the T10 gun is just freaking awesome. A great combo.

Interesting...

Rasputin

Who is John Galt?

katmai

So coming back to this without a gold account the amount  of credits made per battle seems to be slim to none :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son