Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

:yeah:

Victory!
Battle: Fjords Saturday, November 17, 2012 10:22:23 PM
Vehicle: SU-100
Experience received: 1,786
Credits received: 41,016
Battle Achievements: Radley-Walters's medal, Top Gun, Reaper, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

This one was so nearly a loss as well.  KV-1 and I Kolobanoved out of what looked like a total rout.

DGuller

The credit grind finally broken me.  I figured that I have more money than time, so I bought my first big premium tank in a while, and my choice was Jagdtiger 88. 

I love this tank.  It's very hard to have a bad battle in it.  Even if you're not doing well, you are still likely to land a number of penetrating shots before dying, unless matchmaker really fucks you.  It's certainly plugging a hole in my credit deficit rather nicely.

Berkut

If I was to get a prem, that would be the prem I would get.

Nice thank that suits my style of play well.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Whew, just had an epic one.

Victory!
Battle: Steppes Saturday, November 24, 2012 5:28:41 PM
Vehicle: 8.8 cm PaK 43 Jagdtiger
Experience received: 1,924
Credits received: 107,814
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Top Gun, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

In the end it was me, an AFK KV-1S, and four enemies.  Ironically, that AFK KV-1S probably did more than he would've been able to do while connected, since he was the bait that lured three of the four enemies into the open, where I opened up on them.  Fired 46 shots, hit 34 times, and penetrated 24 times for 3,771 in damage and 7 dead. :yeah:

Berkut

0 rows returned

DGuller

DGuller

My previous attempt at credit farming was to bring back Panzer IV, helped by the promotion, and use that tier 5 medium magic to mint money.  It did make money, but not fast enough for my liking.  So now I converted it to a HEAT spammer, purely for the fun of killing. 

The 105 gun with HEAT rounds is, in a word, overpowered.  As you might expect, it's not really a highly profitable setup, but it still more than pays for itself, since the HEAT round will be almost guaranteed to do some serious damage when it connects.  You may also be around to do more shooting that normal after you 2-shoot the KV-1 that you run into.

Berkut

Not being sarcastic at all.

I actually went out and bought one after your post as well. It really is a sweet setup. That ROF is just...ridiculous.

I am not sure it is a better credit farmer than the T34, but it is certainly up there. Bouncing between the two of them is going to be a very nice way to crank out some credits.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Why you pretty much MUST have premium at the high end:

Just finished a battle in my E-50M, which is a Tier X medium.

We won. I fired 17 rounds, 16 hits, 11 penetrations for 3376 damage. Seven enemies damaged, 2 kills. By all measures, a very good result. I was destroyed late in the match.

Without premium:

Income: 43,624 credits
Repair vehicle: 25, 924
Resupply ammo: 20,400
Net: (2700) credits

So without premium, in a battle we won and I kicked ass in, I would have lost about 3000 credits.

With premium, the income is bumped by 50%, so that makes it 65,436 for a net income of 19,112 credts.

Still pretty paltry, but you can see how that 50% increase in credits makes a MUCH larger than 50% increase in net income.

I cannot imagine trying to play this game without premium. I know that people do, and even high tier people, but I don't know how.

0 rows returned

frunk

Quote from: Berkut on November 27, 2012, 04:16:54 PM
Why you pretty much MUST have premium at the high end:

Just finished a battle in my E-50M, which is a Tier X medium.

We won. I fired 17 rounds, 16 hits, 11 penetrations for 3376 damage. Seven enemies damaged, 2 kills. By all measures, a very good result. I was destroyed late in the match.

Without premium:

Income: 43,624 credits
Repair vehicle: 25, 924
Resupply ammo: 20,400
Net: (2700) credits

So without premium, in a battle we won and I kicked ass in, I would have lost about 3000 credits.

With premium, the income is bumped by 50%, so that makes it 65,436 for a net income of 19,112 credts.

Still pretty paltry, but you can see how that 50% increase in credits makes a MUCH larger than 50% increase in net income.

I cannot imagine trying to play this game without premium. I know that people do, and even high tier people, but I don't know how.

Money isn't close to being a limiter on what tanks you can play until tier 7.  Experience is usually the gate.  You might not be able to kit out as well being non-premium, but you can play the game no problem.

Berkut

...hence the statement that you must have premium at the high end.

0 rows returned

frunk

Quote from: Berkut on November 27, 2012, 04:58:07 PM
...hence the statement that you must have premium at the high end.

I'm mostly commenting on you not being able to imagine playing the game without premium.

DGuller

Using the Jagd 88 credits, I bought ARL V39.  In my first three games with it, I got 4, 4, and 2 kills.  I think I should quit while I'm ahead.

Bluebook

How do you call attention to a sector of the map? Or call for arty support?