News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.C.R.

Quote from: DGuller on November 02, 2012, 01:18:56 PM
What is the typical crew training strategy for low tier tanks?  My personal strategy is to slum it with 50% crew for the first three tiers, since they go by too quickly to waste credit on re-training, and then go with 75% option starting with tier 4.

I'll usually pay for the 75% option starting with Tier III, and start paying for equipment (rammer, gun laying drive) at Tier VII...

And I said screw Bryan, with the x5 special this weekend I wasn't leaving upgrades on the table.  I upgraded to a Mk II a little bit after my last post, played a few games (getting my ass handed to me), and am about to upgrade to a Mk III...

Shade

So what is unique to british tanks? I.E. Americans have heavy turret, germans are big, french have autoloader, russians are op.

Berkut

Brits have a unique combination of extremely heavy heavy tanks (ie they weight a lot and are really slow) yet with piss poor armor mated to tiny ass itty bitty guns.

It truly is an impressively original take on armored warfare.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

What are the thoughts on the gold round change?  IMO, I wish they didn't make this change.  It's a zero-sum game, but now it's a zero-sum game with more credits spent on ammo.

DGuller

Matilda has got to be the biggest joke of a tank.  A medium tank that tops out at 20 kph and for all intents and purposes can't climb hills?  FTW is this shit?  The only thing I can't figure out is why it's so damn deadly in my hands.  :hmm:

Malicious Intent

Quote from: DGuller on November 03, 2012, 09:16:08 PM
What are the thoughts on the gold round change?  IMO, I wish they didn't make this change.  It's a zero-sum game, but now it's a zero-sum game with more credits spent on ammo.

Not a big fan of that change. In theory, this move levels the playing field, since everyone can get premium ammo without having to spend real money now. In practice however, the costs are so insanely high that it creates a sharp divide between people who have premium accounts and/or tanks and thus can afford regular use of premium shells and those who don't.

Another bad thing is the complete devaluation of armour thickness, right after patch 8.0 actually increased it with the reduction of shell normalisation.

Bluebook

I just got this game and love it. Im still learning, but getting more and more into it. What is the best way to get a good class III tank? Im aiming for the PzIII, but it takes ages to climb up the research-tree. Also, are you guys on some special server, or how do you hook up?

Berkut

There is only 1 North American server.

The best way to climb the research tree (and later the credits tree) is to get a premium account. The game is "free", but to be completely honest, it isn't really playable, IMO, without a premium account.

I actually agree on the issue of gold rounds - honestly, I would rather they didn't even exist.

Although I did break down and buy some when they are half price for my Matilda. The 75mm howitzer with gold rounds is actually bearable.

I stopped though, when I realized I was going to be paying out about 40-70 gold per round, even at half price. That is just not sustainable for me.

0 rows returned

Bluebook

I have a premium acc, but I still only get 30-100 research points per battle, making the 1500 I need a long slow grind of watching shells bounce off french, british and russian tanks..

Berkut

There is no way you are getting 30 xp per battle with a premium account.

0 rows returned

Bluebook

No, Im getting 1000-something in xp, but the research-figure only grows by 30-70

Berkut

The what? What is a research-figure?

0 rows returned

Malicious Intent

I think he means free XP. Which is actually just convenience XP not tied to a specific tank. The regular XP is found directly on the specific tank that earned it. Just check the research screen.

Bluebook

Yeah, free xp

Im driving one of those special tanks T-15 or something.

Bluebook

So, are you guys saying that if Im driving a PzII, the research to PzIII will go faster?