News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

As I'm actually premium member atm can create 3 man platoons, i'll make sure to hit you up next time i'm on shade.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Shade

C.C.R.

Wasn't bad today (katmai & I were playing Tiers VI-VIII rigs, and you're used to seeing up to Tier X with those anyways), but does it seem like MM screws you a little harder when you're platooning?  I was platooning Tier III's with a buddy a few weeks ago & it seemed like we were getting fisted pretty hardcore on matchups every time.  We ended up both playing arty for most of the night just to be quasi-competitive...

katmai

didn't seem any worse than usual for me lol.. when berkie and I did it we went from tier 4's up to tier 8  (me) and his tier 9-10's

C.C.R.

Not for what we had tonight, no, I was talking more about platooning lower-tiered rigs...

katmai

Still don't get your point, I'm platooning with Jaron right now helping him learn the maps, and we aren't getting hosed in our MM in our tier II's

:lol:

DGuller

It hoses you if the tiers are uneven.  If katmai is playing with a Maus, and Jaron with a loltraktor, Jaron would be placed with tier 10 tanks.

katmai

Quote from: DGuller on May 16, 2012, 06:30:35 AM
It hoses you if the tiers are uneven.  If katmai is playing with a Maus, and Jaron with a loltraktor, Jaron would be placed with tier 10 tanks.

This is true. For matches last night I stayed in Tier II just so he wouldn't be outclassed.

C.C.R.

My experience with it was my buddy & I being Tier III's that were routinely being put with Tier VIII's -- when normally a Tier III wouldn't get lumped with anything higher than a Tier V.  But, it was a Friday night, so who knows...

DGuller

I think at one point platoons were indeed given a malus in the matchmaking, but I think that was taken out a while ago.

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on May 16, 2012, 09:13:00 PM
I think at one point platoons were indeed given a malus in the matchmaking, but I think that was taken out a while ago.

now you are just fucked by the  MM even when alone :P

and I am not sure about that... an M5 and a tier IV TD platooned facing tier 7s? come on.

frunk

Quote from: Tamas on May 17, 2012, 02:12:42 AM

and I am not sure about that... an M5 and a tier IV TD platooned facing tier 7s? come on.

The M5 is a scout, so gets placed in higher tier matchups.

Tamas

Quote from: frunk on May 17, 2012, 08:26:31 AM
Quote from: Tamas on May 17, 2012, 02:12:42 AM

and the TD is just fucked?
The M5 is a scout, so gets placed in higher tier matchups.

katmai

Yes just like your quoting.

Tamas