News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

So what's new in 7.3 other than the Russian line changes? Have they fixed HE yet?

Berkut

The new IS-4 is interesting. Still has the nice IS-4 armor, but the new gun is definintely an adjustment from the awesomeoness of the S-30.

It is...well, it is German. Decent ROG, highly accurate, and great pen...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

C.C.R.

Quote from: DGuller on May 09, 2012, 11:28:29 AM
Quote from: frunk on May 09, 2012, 09:10:10 AM
Ohh, the 105 is the fun gun on the T82.  You can one shot almost every single tank (barring heavies) you meet.
:yes: I recall one battle where I ambushed five tanks one by one, and dispatched them all with one shot, on the way to my team's 15-0 victory.

Haven't tried the 105 yet -- part of it is me being cheap, part of it is Play Style, part of it is "I've already played the Hetzer 105mm DERP, why bother?"  Am I really missing out, or am I just fine rolling with what works to Cred Farm?  FWIW, my best game in the T82 with the 57 was was the one where I damaged 9 tanks without getting a kill -- at least four of them knocking off 70%+ of their HP before teammates finished them off.  Out of the 9, 8 of them were killed -- the last one was when I got a piece of an SU-85B when he stuck his head out right before a teammate & I finished capping.  It's safe to assume that I got Confederate out of that one...

:ccr

frunk

The T82 105 thows more damage down range at a slower rate than the Hetzer, but the big advantage is its lower tier.  The number of bigger, tougher tanks is a lot less.

C.C.R.

Quote from: frunk on May 09, 2012, 01:27:19 PM
The T82 105 thows more damage down range at a slower rate than the Hetzer, but the big advantage is its lower tier.  The number of bigger, tougher tanks is a lot less.

OK, frunk -- on YOUR advice I have just dropped the 40k creds on a 105.  If it sucks, I might (or might not) say something smarmy to you... :P

C.C.R.

frunk, you go to hell -- I just DGuller'd a teammate...  :P

frunk

C.C.R.

Quote from: frunk on May 09, 2012, 02:56:38 PM
The Power!

:P

I'm going back to the 57 -- I can hit somebody 4 times & kill them in the amount of time it takes me to hit them once with the 105 & knock half their HP off.  I can see where it would be mildly amusing in the "LOL They Went BOOM" category, but the 105 just isn't helping me pay for my sinful, wicked Tier VII German habit...

DGuller

Quote from: C.C.R. on May 09, 2012, 02:40:26 PM
frunk, you go to hell -- I just DGuller'd a teammate...  :P
Hey!  :mad:

C.C.R.

frunk

Up to you.  The chances of multiple crits go way up with the derp, not to mention the "killing them before they shoot back" aspect.  The 105 shot is slower, which makes fast moving targets tougher.  Still, the T82 has enough speed you could just chase them down. ;)

On the forums the 57 and 105 seem to be equally popular, but I've always preferred the pure wrath of god aspect of the 105.

DGuller

I generally prefer derp guns, but they are trickier to use.  There is less margin for error with the aiming, and you have to be really good at not presenting yourself as a priority target for the enemy.

C.C.R.

This just in:  the short 88 still guzzles choad.  Film at eleven... :P

katmai

I survived 43 of them :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: C.C.R. on May 09, 2012, 08:59:10 AM
Yay!!! Finally got my Ace Tanker Mastery Badge on my SU-76 with an awesome Top Gun on Komarin -- sat in the depression in the southeast corner & jacked out six noobs as they came at me one at a time (helps that I staked a friendly arty out like a piece of meat to lure them in & draw their fire away from me :P ).  I hit Ace Tanker a LOT quicker in my T82 (once I ditched that turkey turd of a 76 & put a 57 on there), but I suspect that has more to do with people grinding through the T82 A.S.A.F.P. to get the T40 then it does any real skill on my part...

Just got my Mastery on M7 :w00t:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son