News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kleves

Quote from: Malicious Intent on December 04, 2011, 05:07:45 PM
Well, at least it is an improvement over the turd that is the T-28...
I loved the T-28. With the 85mm gun it can really do some damage. It is inaccurate as hell, but devastating at close range.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

DGuller

I downloaded the public beta again.  Yet again I see a bunch of Russians saying virulent stuff about Americans, assuming that players with _US after their names can't understand Russian.  These people have quite a chip on their shoulders.

Slargos

I just ran out of AP ammo for my IS-3. That's a first.  :D

1300xp and stopped an entire advance cold solo with 4 kills and 4 damaged.

Berkut

Finally scraped up enough pennies to buy my IS-4. Already had the BL-9 researched for it of course, and it is a very, very nice tank.

I have the new turret researched, but actually cannot afford the 61k credits to buy it...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

I'm also low on credits after Winter Offensive shopping spree, so I bought myself a cheap premium tank to replenish the credits.  I settled on B2.  Boy, that tank is ridiculous, now I know how the Germans were feeling in France.  I'm literally getting 2 kill per match on average.  It almost feels like cheating playing it.

Berkut

I thought you had a Lowe? How is the B2 at generating credits?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on December 11, 2011, 10:28:38 AM
I thought you had a Lowe? How is the B2 at generating credits?
I sold Lowe long time ago.  I found it extremely non-fun tank to play.  The B2 is pretty good at generating credits for its tier, I'd say it averages about 20k-25k profit.

DGuller

More than profit, though, the tank just brings you back to the time when you didn't have 4 tier 7 artillery pieces waiting to flatten you the moment you register in the battle.

Slargos

I'm considering selling my Löwe aswell. I'm itching to get a Type 59 as a credit-hoarder replacement. Looks like a fun tank.

frunk

Ugh, I'm so tired of all the Type 59s in the battles.  If there's any tier 8s there are usually 3-4 59s at least.

Tamas

Quote from: frunk on December 11, 2011, 01:09:56 PM
Ugh, I'm so tired of all the Type 59s in the battles.  If there's any tier 8s there are usually 3-4 59s at least.

yes. FU Slargos

DGuller

Type 59s were definitely a mistake.  They're way overpowered for their tier.  They should've had the same tier as T-54, from which they are derived.  Yes, they suck compared to the real thing, but premium tanks should suck for their tier.

DGuller

In one battle with my B2, I've taken 39 hits, and survived almost all of them.

DGuller

Yep, B2 is that ridiculous.  That's my fourth Top Gun in it in about 50 games.

If I didn't run out of AP ammo, I would've killed the last remaining arty that got me.  The HE ammo is shit for that tank.

frunk

Quote from: DGuller on December 11, 2011, 05:51:34 PM
Yep, B2 is that ridiculous.  That's my fourth Top Gun in it in about 50 games.

If I didn't run out of AP ammo, I would've killed the last remaining arty that got me.  The HE ammo is shit for that tank.

Wait, who was that who killed you?