News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arvoreen

Got a sweet double header...Defender & Top Gun -- And 728 XP on a non-premium account/loss  :menace:

So who is this 'berkut4009'?  An evil twin?  :yuk:

Slargos

Got my E-100 yesterday (decided on selling the JP and the Ferdi since their respective tree upgrades are so far off there's not much point in playing them given I need to grind for other tanks). So far it's a bit of a letdown. I think I'll start grinding for the IS-7 now.

With the new normalization rules the E-100 may become more interesting to play though.

DGuller

That KV sure can rock, when it's at the top of the list.  I just went up the road in Lakeville all on my own and just blasted away the enemies Rambo-style.

Pretty much every time I shot someone, I one-shot them from 100% health, or crippled them to single digits and had someone else steal the kill.  And I did all that after consuming a whole battle of red wine.  :cheers: :yeah:  I'm starting to think that Russian tanks are designed to be operated while drunk.  :hmm:

Slargos

I just had a hilarious game on campinovka.

I was top as IS and when 10-12 guys on our team assumed camping positions I realized I was in for a terrible fucking game, so I promptly drove over to the west side and started on a ninja scouting run.

The surprised defenders started shooting glancing shots at me, and the result was an epic turkey shoot that landed me 900xp simply for being within range of the fuckers as they got wiped out by our campers. I got one hit off before I was killed by their remaining TD on defense, but that didn't matter since my run cost them 8 vehicles.  :D

DGuller

Playing WoT made me respect Porsche as a company.  They put in a lot of effort to ensure Allied victory in the war.

DGuller

Wow, that 122mm gun sure transforms SU-100.  Fired 8 shots, hit with all 8, and left 6 dead tanks and 1 wounded. :yeah:

Habbaku

Played with a "katmai" today.  I doubt he was the same one, though.  :hmm:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Quote from: Habbaku on November 09, 2011, 03:02:51 PM
Played with a "katmai" today.  I doubt he was the same one, though.  :hmm:
Was he AFK?  If not, then he's not our katmai.

DGuller

First two matches today, two Top Guns. :yeah: Unfortunately, both were earned by players on the other team. :pinch:

Habbaku

I think I found the ideal credit machine.  The upgraded StuG is insanely cheap, has inexpensive ammo and packs a whallop.  I'm routinely cracking in ~25k credits/match profit with it.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

I think in general just about all the Tier V elited vehicles are pretty good credit machines. That seems to be the sweet spot. So what you are looking for there are T5 tanks that have a good gun, so they can punch above their weight when they end up in T8 matches.

StugIII
PZIV

are both good, because they have the 75L70 gun that can damage up into T7.

The M4 doesn't have quite as much pen, but has a ridiculous ROF. The KV of course has the rather insane for T5 107mm. I've never played it, but I would guess the SU-85 would also be a great credit generator.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

KV is awesome.  Now that I came back to it after having a lot more experience under my belt, I'm just raping with it when I'm put near the top.  I don't know how much profit it makes, but it sure racks up kills.  That 107mm gun is just uber-ridiculous for the tier.

Speaking of these guns, I really wish that the strongest gun on each tank would be the gun that was actually widely used.  It sucks that most of the time you spend playing with a tank, you'll spend playing a fantasy version of the real thing.  The tank with the real gun that was used is just a starter configuration, or at best an intermediate one.

Berkut

Yeah, that actually bothered me a lot when I started playing.

I mean, the gun that made the Panther and JagdPanther famous is available on the PZ IV? WTF?

But eventually I had a brain shift to "WoT has little, if anything, to do with WW2. Just play it as a game in its own right, and quit worrying about it..." and that helped.

Because there is a LOT that will make anyone with more than passing familiarity with WW2 combat pull their hair out.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Arvoreen

Quote from: Berkut on November 10, 2011, 02:50:04 PM
Yeah, that actually bothered me a lot when I started playing.
Because there is a LOT that will make anyone with more than passing familiarity with WW2 combat pull their hair out.

And this is one of those times when I very happy to NOT be a WW2 nut :)  I just enjoy the game and ignore any discrepancies  :lmfao:

DGuller

For the second time in my WoT career, my team won 15-0.  That happened in, of all places, Campinovka.   :lmfao:  I take credit for the victory, since as a top ranking tank, I instructed three Type 59s to wolfpack. :smarty: