News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on October 11, 2011, 01:58:26 PM
I find JagdPanthers to be surprisingly soft targets more often than not.  Generally I really hate shooting at the front of any German vehicle above tier 6, because it's almost guaranteed to bounce.  However, somehow the front of JagdPanther, despite being sloped, seems to really take to my rounds.

Well yeah it's not that great, but useful. The thing is, with these TDs (Berk, I have only played German ones), if a heavy is shooting at you, you are doing something wrong. Snipe with the Jagdpanther, snipe with it!

In other news, I have upgraded my IS with the better 122mm, the track, and the engine. It is a great contrast to the sniping Jagdpanther: rushing berzerk madness!

Slargos

The only time I'm not kicking ass with the jagdpanther is when I'm in the bottom third or haven't played it in a while. My best tank by far.

Slargos

Although if the 25 is so fabulous like you make it sound, perhaps I need to try it out.

Berkut

Don't get me wrong, the JagdPanther was not a terrible tank or anything - I had pretty good success with it. Over 1k/match, 70something percent hit rating. It just wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It does not dominate its tier level by any means.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Over 1k/match? :yeahright: I can manage two thirds of that in my best tanks.

Berkut

Read as "over 1 kill per match"

0 rows returned

DGuller

Oh, I see.  That makes more sense.

Berkut

Speaking of the T25...I just one shot a T59 from the side with one. Ammo rack FTW, I presume.

0 rows returned

DGuller

Speaking of Type 59, in one of my matches there actually were 6 on the enemy side, and just one on our side.  Talk about "oh, shit!" moment.  I think Berkut would find the sight of Lowe drivers bitching about Type 59s amusing.

Interestingly enough, we did actually do a lot better than expected against that pack of Type 59s.  We were up to 4 enemy tanks killed when the last of ours was blown up. :yeah:

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on October 11, 2011, 02:55:55 PM
Don't get me wrong, the JagdPanther was not a terrible tank or anything - I had pretty good success with it. Over 1k/match, 70something percent hit rating. It just wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It does not dominate its tier level by any means.

Why should it dominate it's tier? If more than one tanks are dominating, they cease to be dominating so are you asking for imbalance? :P

Besides, I am not sure I agree. I have no fear of taking on anything in my tier, if I have a shot at using my advantages (distance/concealment/accuracy). And relying on those is not worse than the IS relying on zerging close so with its relative mobility so it can derp gun at a range where it can actually hit something, for example.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on October 11, 2011, 03:41:08 PM
Quote from: Berkut on October 11, 2011, 02:55:55 PM

Why should it dominate it's tier? If more than one tanks are dominating, they cease to be dominating so are you asking for imbalance? :P

Besides, I am not sure I agree. I have no fear of taking on anything in my tier, if I have a shot at using my advantages (distance/concealment/accuracy). And relying on those is not worse than the IS relying on zerging close so with its relative mobility so it can derp gun at a range where it can actually hit something, for example.

If it is "awesome" it should do something other than be simply as good as the other vehicles in its class, right? Or rather, not quite as good as the other vehicales in its class?

0 rows returned

DGuller

My first ever battle in Tiger II, almost stock, and two of the crewmen still not re-retrained.

I think Berkut would be proud of me.  :cry:  The most satisfying was Type 59, who I killed with my first ever shot I made with Tiger II while it was at 100%.  Must've hit a Chinese-made ammo rack or something.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Quote from: Habbaku on October 11, 2011, 11:01:34 PM
Quote from: DGuller on October 11, 2011, 10:58:20 PM
two of the crewmen still not re-retrained.

:wacko:
I'm short on credits, I blew them all on getting the damn King Tiger.  I figured that radio guy and the driver could wait until next semester.  I figured that spending credits on ammo would be a better investment that spending it on regimental school tuition.

DGuller

I may have had beginner's luck with my Prince Tiger.  The next 4 battles yielded no additional kills.  :(