News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonasSalk

Quote from: Tamas on September 23, 2011, 11:30:24 AMUse the Trollcannon. I loved my Trollcannon :wub:

I have the 122mm right now. It's...okay. If I hit from up close, it can really hurt, but otherwise I'm boned. With my speed, getting up close to someone is almost impossible.
Yuman

Tamas

Quote from: JonasSalk on September 23, 2011, 09:29:48 PM
Quote from: Tamas on September 23, 2011, 11:30:24 AMUse the Trollcannon. I loved my Trollcannon :wub:

I have the 122mm right now. It's...okay. If I hit from up close, it can really hurt, but otherwise I'm boned. With my speed, getting up close to someone is almost impossible.

As Berkut outlined previously, the 107mm is the ideal for the KV. If you are in top third of your team, you are freakin' monster with it. But it is utterly useless when you are on the bottom third or so. But with the 152mm, you can damage ANYTHING. The thing is to stick to one of the top heavies of your team. When you come up against opposition, often they will not focus on you. That's when you aim and shoot down 20-30% of them AT LEAST.

Habbaku

Market-Garden weekend means I've been doing nothing but playing my Panther and racking up 75k credits a match.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

I got a sniper achievement. :yeah:  Not in this game, though.

Iormlund

Quote from: Berkut on September 23, 2011, 12:16:35 PM
Market Garden special.

M4, M4A3E8, PzIV, Tiger I half price, and double credits earned.

Equipment half price as well, good time to pick up.

Bah. Both Panzer IV and Tiger are ages away. My current garage contains an A-20, a Hezter and a T-46.

Tamas

The 122mm gun on the KV3 is utterly useless! :ultra: I am shooting misses from two meters just wtf.
The alternatives are: weak 107mm, or weaker idiot gun.

Iormlund

I bought the 105 mm howitzer for my Hezter. Now I can't hit anything. My performance in the last 3 matches has gone down the drain. :(

JonasSalk

Quote from: Iormlund on September 25, 2011, 11:30:03 AM
I bought the 105 mm howitzer for my Hezter. Now I can't hit anything. My performance in the last 3 matches has gone down the drain. :(

Really? I have the megacannon and I tend to do fairly well on a lot of matches with it, since it one-shots a lot of tanks.

Or...I did until I upgraded to the Stug III.
Yuman

Iormlund

It's not the damage that's the problem. It's that it doesn't actually hit anything. Just ended a Mines with 0 out of 5 hits. And those were completely rested shots against stationary targets.
The only time I hit is point blank but at that close range I'm toast against anything with a turret.

Iormlund

I finally managed to get a good round with the howitzer. I was playing in that snow map and there were more Tigers around than at any one time in the entire Eastern front. But for some odd reason, none would shoot at me. I guess they assumed all my shots would bounce so they kept focused on our heavies while I just stood there scratching my head as I took 20% off of them with every shot.

Slargos

MAN I just had a good game in the E-75.

Managed to hold off 3 KTs, a Patton and a T-54 more or less on my own after they wasted my E-75 mate who joined me down the same lane in the map with the village on the east side and a lake in the middle.

I angled perfectly and they kept bouncing shot after shot. 17 hits in all.

I'm getting better in my heavy game, although frankly it's still atrocious ever since I started playing the top heavies. My A-game is really on the sidelines in TDs or smaller heavies.

C.C.R.

For giggles I bought a Wespe.  First game was, of course, in Himmelsdorf...

:P

frunk

Anybody interested in forming a Languish team for this?  I could certainly show up in a Bison.

http://game.worldoftanks.com/news/notifications/ign-prime-world-tanks-tournament-sign-ups-open-all

Of course right now it looks like the signup page generates an error, but maybe that's just me.

Iormlund

I've gone up a step now, no more scouting.

Got a T-28 (aiming for the KV), a T-34 (same gun - the awesome long 57mm), a PzIII (which lacks a decent gun) and a StugIII (so far with the short 75mm).

Shade

Quote from: frunk on September 30, 2011, 08:36:10 AM
Anybody interested in forming a Languish team for this?  I could certainly show up in a Bison.

http://game.worldoftanks.com/news/notifications/ign-prime-world-tanks-tournament-sign-ups-open-all

Of course right now it looks like the signup page generates an error, but maybe that's just me.

I would love to do not know how much help I could be though