And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on September 20, 2011, 03:52:36 PM
Quote from: Berkut on September 20, 2011, 03:45:53 PM
My M41 artillery was by far by best cred farming machine.

Yeah, I've noticed my artillery, weak as it is, turns a very good profit.  I don't enjoy playing it near as much as my Panther, though.

I actively miss the Panther. I've heard that you can farm creds quite well with an elite Panther though, as long as you are smart about it.

And you'll find, I expect, that arty gets a lot more fun when you move up to the 750ish damage/shot guns. You go from being a nuisance to having at least the potential for being decisive. I actually quit playing artilery and sold my Priest because I was so bored by it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Easy 8 is still plenty profitable.  Basically, it seems like every American or Russian tank firing inexpensive ammo is going to be highly profitable.

Kleves

Right now I am going with American tanks, German TDs, and Russian SPGs. Is that a particularly stupid set-up or anything?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Berkut

Quote from: Kleves on September 20, 2011, 05:45:00 PM
Right now I am going with American tanks, German TDs, and Russian SPGs. Is that a particularly stupid set-up or anything?

I wouldn't say it is particularly stupid, no.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

C.C.R.

Habbaku just killed me.  Asshole...

:P

Habbaku

:lol:  Who were you?  I just got a nice Top Gun match with my T1.  Were you that poor T-34 that I popped as he came up the hill?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

C.C.R.

Quote from: Habbaku on September 20, 2011, 05:58:53 PM
:lol:  Who were you?  I just got a nice Top Gun match with my T1.  Were you that poor T-34 that I popped as he came up the hill?

No, I was Doghouse_Riley -- the Hetzer you rammed while my shots bounced off of you like Shaq shooting free throws...

:P

Habbaku

:D  You dinged one of my tracks with your opening shot, but I just set auto-aim and cruise control and clicked while heading your way.  With my frontal armor pointed at you, you didn't stand much a chance.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Pfft, I killed Berkut twice in one day.  That was the last time we played in a platoon.  :(

Habbaku

Quote from: DGuller on September 20, 2011, 06:07:27 PM
Pfft, I killed Berkut twice in one day.  That was the last time we played in a platoon.  :(

Guess he didn't like playing with a commissar?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

C.C.R.

Quote from: DGuller on September 20, 2011, 06:07:27 PM

:lol:

Were you in the NKVD in a past life?

Habbaku

:lol:  I just got killed by "HarpersCanada".

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Alcibiades

I found a fully upgraded 3601 to be amazing back in beta for farming credits.  More than amazing actually.  A KT could be a rape machine too if it didn't die, that was expensive if it did, though.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Slargos

Quote from: Kleves on September 20, 2011, 05:45:00 PM

Not stupid, but certainly wasteful. A lot of equipment is used in different lines and research is thus speeded up. I got the 50k xp engine for the E-75 yesterday, and once I get the E-50 I can use it there aswell.

Tamas

I kinda' stopped worrying about credits now that I am in tiers 5 and above. I'll be switching to the KV-3 tonight and it wasn't hard at all to get the million creds with the KV and the Jagdpanzer while I was getting the necessary XP.

BTW, the KV is great for XP, too bad it has that 100k+ SPG unlock, otherwise I would elite it for sure.
The 107mm gun is indeed great, except that when you are at the lower end, you are utterly useless with it when heavys come against you.
So I ended up refitting the Trollcannon when platooning with my friends. It is an amazing XP machine when you are the low tier - deal awesome damage, none of it going to waste on big heavies.
For "soloing" I'll go with the 107mm