News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

How in the hell do you get a screenshot?

Had an awesome Lakeville match just now.

My JagdPzIV starts at the end of the lakepath, playing defense. A loan medium comes down the path, but he ducks around the corner and disappears before I can ID him. So I wait, looking over to the left for targets, and while I wait one of our teams mediums goes down the path. I figure no matter what it is down there, me and a medium can handle it.

So I follow him, and we get around the corner and it is just an M4. However, the guy playing it is  pretty good, and he keeps maneuvering so I cannot get off too many shots, and takes out my teammate, but I get him with the Last shot. 1.

I decide now to just charge down the path alone.

I get to the end, and there is a Stug III sitting there. He shoots and misses from about 50m, and I take him out with a single shot to the side. 2.

Now I am into the enemy base area. I immediately see another M4, and two artillery pieces. But the M4 is exactly on the other side of the flagpole, which cannot be fired through. I blow away one of the artillery pieces (3), and the other starts runningAs the M4 starts moving around the flag, the artillery is kind enough to move away from his protector, alllowing me to get a clear shot at him, while keeping the flag between me and the other M4. Blam, other artillery is dead. (4).

I notice the other artillery piece is a little better situated off to the side (note to artillery - don't sit in the flag circle - serioualy), but the M4 is clear now and puts a round into me. I decide to take out the M4, and turn to him, and squeeze of a shot. Critical hit on something, he blows up. (5)

Chase down the other artillery, 1 shot him (6).

Something else comes in, and it takes a couple rounds to take him out, so he doesn't add to my reaper, but that is kill 7. Al that is left is an enemy Tiger, who comes lumbering in, I stick a round into him but don't kill him and the cap finishes.

XP earned: 3020 (doubled)
Credits: 39,705
Achievements: Sniper, Reaper, Top Gun.

12 shots fired for 12 hits, and 6 1 hit kills.

Doesn't quite top my 8 kill match in a PzII, but that was pretty awesome.

Made up for my previous two matches, where in my IS and Panther I got zero kills, 2 damaged enemies, and we lost both of them.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Looking at the German TD line, I don't think I want to progress bey9ond the JagdPanther. After that they all just get slower and slower.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

QuoteHow in the hell do you get a screenshot?

Print Screen. Saves in the game's folder.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on August 09, 2011, 12:44:42 AM
Looking at the German TD line, I don't think I want to progress bey9ond the JagdPanther. After that they all just get slower and slower.

In retrospect, I should've definitely gone the Soviet line. The Jagdpanther is a lot of fun to play, but apparently the T9 Object plays a lot like a jagdpanther only with a raytheon turbo laser system affixed to its stealth coated chassis.

The Ferdinand is a fun tank, and it's one of my better tanks both in kill and victory ratio, but it really can't stand up to the ISU-152 not can apparently the JT to the Object. IIRC the JT has on average a 48% victory rate, while the object was around 53. On the entire server. Should tell you something about their relative performance.

I'm just playign the JP for fun right now, and once the new german TD tree comes out I'm going to use the XP on the JP II, but I doubt it will be any better thanthe other high tier german TDs.

Slargos

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 08, 2011, 09:27:56 PM
So I'm a total noob and I'm tracking down the Soviet Medium path. Griding through the A-20 right now. A very large portion of my games involve about five heavies a side and high tier mediums and TDs. I'm basically a free kill if I'm caught out in the open. I've resorted to hiding in the bushes on the flanks and bum rushing vulnerable SPs and TDs and occasionally scouting very carefully for my SPs, if they're ever paying attention to what I'm doing. Is this the right thing to do or am I just being a total noob?

That's about it.

I'm currently grinding it aswell, but I'm going the lazy route of ninja-scouting during the first minute or so hoping for as many spots as possible for a victory. Rince repeat 3-4 times and I catch the daily double at some point.

It's a quick mother fucker, but it turns far too slowly to really work as a scout IMO.

Remember that there's no point in scouting if there are already targets painted. The SPGs will be plenty busy with what they can see.

Slargos

They're funny, the Russians, in how openly they will fuck with the West. Completely unashamed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7x6hbcnzCU&feature=youtube_gdata

Can any filthy russian speakers confirm the translation?

I'm beginning to question the veracity of the translation job.  :D

Slargos

Patch day tomorrow. No IS for me.  :(

Slargos

DGuller

Quote from: Slargos on August 09, 2011, 09:40:58 AM
They're funny, the Russians, in how openly they will fuck with the West. Completely unashamed.

I would say that the translation isn't quite as good as the typical translation of the Downfall scene you can find on Youtube, but I can confirm that the guy in the video is speaking Russian (or, more accurately, severely slurring Russian).

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on August 09, 2011, 11:21:07 AM

I would say that the translation isn't quite as good as the typical translation of the Downfall scene you can find on Youtube, but I can confirm that the guy in the video is speaking Russian (or, more accurately, severely slurring Russian).

I'd already figured out as much. Still. Funny video.  :D

szmik

Quote from: Slargos on August 09, 2011, 11:25:24 AM
Quote from: DGuller on August 09, 2011, 11:21:07 AM

I'd already figured out as much. Still. Funny video.  :D
Imho what guy's saying is unrelated to translation.
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

DGuller

They do something that I strongly suspect is out of bounds of acceptable mods for WoT, or at least I hope so.

The first one is adding some information above the enemy tank markers.  The second one is a custom crosshair with more useful information, and less useless information.  Both of them seem to access information that is not otherwise available to you under any game settings.

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on August 09, 2011, 12:59:43 PM
Quote from: Slargos on August 09, 2011, 10:20:00 AM
http://games.nicolasprof.com/wot-mods

Strongly recommended mods.

My russian is not so good - what do they do?

One changes the way info is displayed. Gives a permanent amount of HP on every tank, and also displays the amount of damage done by shots. aswell as the type of tank. Pressing ALT switches to names and percentage instead of type and HP.

The other is a reticule mod which simplifies targeting a bit by turning the load progress bar into a timer, and also cleans up sniper mode a bit.

Both install into gamemap/res/gui/flash and the flash folder is small enough that you can just make a backup copy of all of it without trouble.

There are several variants to these mods which I haven't tried yet, and I haven't really gotten used to them so I can't say whether they are a tremendous improvement, but after running a few matches with them it certainly feels like it might be pretty useful tools.

They're approved mods linked from the forums so it should be fine to use them.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on August 09, 2011, 01:09:53 PM
They do something that I strongly suspect is out of bounds of acceptable mods for WoT, or at least I hope so.

The first one is adding some information above the enemy tank markers.  The second one is a custom crosshair with more useful information, and less useless information.  Both of them seem to access information that is not otherwise available to you under any game settings.

Not really. You can calculate HP for opponents yourself by looking at how many % of their HP they have left, and knowing by heart the tank's HP.

You can also estimate the remaining load time by looking at the progress bar.

The information is readily available, just not in the same processed form.

As far as I can tell they're not "cheats" any more than the hitbox skins are.

DGuller

WTF, why did Berkut delete his post?  Is he mongers's sock puppet?