News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on August 08, 2011, 09:38:01 AM
Hey slargos, is there going to be any changes in this patch to the 3601H? I've heard something about it becoming a heavy tank or something.

And do you know anything about the Soviet heavy changes that are supposed to happen...someday? I still have a KV in the garage, and I use it to make credits, but I don't care at all about the S-51, so it hurts me to see all those XP pile up for nothing...

Other than the change in designation, I don't know. I wouldn't expect so, since it doesn't change tiers and German tanks don't get buffs. I think it's just cosmetic.

If you like the KV and make money on it, I would keep it since you're too mule headed to get a Löwe.  :D

I'm currently keeping the KV on a slow burn and I only play it for the daily double, figuring on unlocking the KV-1S for the sake of completion unless I get bored before that. It looks like the KV1S will lead down the IS line so I may have to get through it regardless.

If you already have the KV1S your KV will be elited after the patch since it no longer leads to the SPG line (that job being taken over by the KV-2 which presumably will be researched for the same reasons as the Panther II) and you'll be able to pour the excess XP back into the crew unless you like spending money on converting XP.

I only sporadically have any real fun with the KV so I will probably get rid of it after I've finished researching the equipment that transfers to the KV-3, and the KV1S.

Stonewall

When the KV splits into the KV and KV-2, you will have the option of transferring your accumulated experience into either vehicle.  Also, if they heavy the VK 3601, I would expect a HP increase.  German tanks are supposed to have the most HP and if they leave it at 850, the KV3 will have more xp as a T6 heavy, which I think is against the design philosophy.
"I'd just like to say that most of us begin life suckling on a breast. If we're lucky we end life suckling on a breast. So anybody who's against breasts is against life itself."

Slargos

Quote from: Stonewall on August 08, 2011, 10:54:23 AM
When the KV splits into the KV and KV-2, you will have the option of transferring your accumulated experience into either vehicle.  Also, if they heavy the VK 3601, I would expect a HP increase.  German tanks are supposed to have the most HP and if they leave it at 850, the KV3 will have more xp as a T6 heavy, which I think is against the design philosophy.

:D

Oh, the naivete of noobs.  :P

I don't think the developers have much problem if any to leave German limp dicks flapping in the wind. Although since they usually tout the largely unimportant HP stat when it comes to German tanks I could probably see a HP increase, yes.

Berkut

My KV is currently "elite" excepting the S-51, so that would be a nice chunk of convertible XP.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Slargos

Looks like there will be a new tank between the KV-1 and the KV-3 however, so you may need to research it before you can elite it.

Or not. If you have the KV-3 you get that one for free aswell.

This all depends on how they'll treat getting a free tank that you haven't technically researched. Will it be auto-researched or not? Someone has probably asked so I would expect the answer in the forums or on the dev blog.

Berkut

Yeah, but I rely on you to read through all those forums and dev blogs and filter out the actually useful information as I need it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Slargos

Slargos

QuoteOverlord said...   Q: thanks a lot...just one question.. if panther will be replaced by  panther 2 what will happen to the exp earned on panther 1?? will it also  be transfered to panther 2??

A: Yes.
As expected.

Slargos

34 hits received in my KT. Love it.  :D

Slargos

Haha. What's up with this uber rape anyway? Himmelsdorf. I rack up 4 kills and a bunch of hits by my own. Look up, smugly satisfied with my results since I'm only the 7th from the top, and notice 12 of my buddies are gone. None of the two remaining have scored any kills.  :lol:

DGuller

It reminds me once when I absolutely raped, killing 20 tanks, and yet was still 1 vs. 9 in the end.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on August 08, 2011, 03:07:18 PM
It reminds me once when I absolutely raped, killing 20 tanks, and yet was still 1 vs. 9 in the end.

There is something off about your story. Can't quite place my finger on it.  :hmm:

DGuller

Wow, I just managed to kill 4 enemies in a mostly stock 3001P, while being well in the bottom half of the tiers.  That has to rate up there when it comes to achievements against overwhelming odds.

DGuller

Wow, Top Gun in 3001P. :yeah: That was certainly unexpected, although I did have the 88 in that one, and was ranked a bit higher.

FunkMonk

So I'm a total noob and I'm tracking down the Soviet Medium path. Griding through the A-20 right now. A very large portion of my games involve about five heavies a side and high tier mediums and TDs. I'm basically a free kill if I'm caught out in the open. I've resorted to hiding in the bushes on the flanks and bum rushing vulnerable SPs and TDs and occasionally scouting very carefully for my SPs, if they're ever paying attention to what I'm doing. Is this the right thing to do or am I just being a total noob?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.