News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on July 31, 2011, 10:46:05 PM
My ability to make credits has pretty much tanked.

My high end vehicles are averaging far less than 10k net per battle, sometimes it is even negative.

How is the Lowe such a credit machine? My IS is a T7 heavy, shouldn't it make pretty much equivalent in creds?
Premium tanks get an XP and credit bonus.  As all such bonuses, the effect on the net return is leveraged.

DGuller

Quote from: katmai on July 31, 2011, 10:52:32 PM
I didn't know there was an auto aim....
Right click when pointing at the target.  The cross-hair will follow the target's center. :contract:

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on July 31, 2011, 10:56:10 PM
Quote from: Berkut on July 31, 2011, 10:46:05 PM
My ability to make credits has pretty much tanked.

My high end vehicles are averaging far less than 10k net per battle, sometimes it is even negative.

How is the Lowe such a credit machine? My IS is a T7 heavy, shouldn't it make pretty much equivalent in creds?
Premium tanks get an XP and credit bonus.  As all such bonuses, the effect on the net return is leveraged.

Now that is some serious bullshit. So the reason my effective creds is shit is I am not willing to pay even more of a premium than my already "premium" account.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

There is probably more to it than that.  I haven't used premiums in a long, long time, and I've got plenty of credits in the bank.  Have you tried using auto-aim?

Berkut

Reading the forums, and it seems like it is a design feature of the game. T7 and above is just not really profitable, unless you have a gold tank.

0 rows returned

DGuller

They're definitely not AS profitable as T5, but they're not a money sink either, at least not IS or Tiger.  I would estimate that my typical profit margin in IS is 25% or so, which is bad, but not money losing.  I've been splitting my time lately between Wolverine and Tiger, and I'm not hurting for credits at all.  I didn't keep track of the income, but I doubt that Wolverine is subsidizing the Tiger.

Berkut

That was a nice fight. Killed a Pz3 early who was silly enough to not run, and then brewed up a KV-5 and watched him burn and then jumped on a nearly unscratched Tiger who was trying to cap the base and literally ran around him in a circle pumping shells into him while he vainly tried to get his turret around for a shot.

What was odd is that he was not far from a building on the city map - he could have just backed up into the building to stop me from moving all the way around him. Maybe his engine was gone.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on July 31, 2011, 11:24:00 PM
They're definitely not AS profitable as T5, but they're not a money sink either, at least not IS or Tiger.  I would estimate that my typical profit margin in IS is 25% or so, which is bad, but not money losing.  I've been splitting my time lately between Wolverine and Tiger, and I'm not hurting for credits at all.  I didn't keep track of the income, but I doubt that Wolverine is subsidizing the Tiger.

I suspect the real probelm is that as in all games, I am an alt whore.

0 rows returned

katmai

Just had a battle end in a 2v2 arty duel, OPForces had whittled our side down too our two artys, they had 5 tanks overall left, we proceeded to wait and let the two TD and one light tank come to us and knock them out, then battle became ugly with myself become our scout, ended up winning with like 25% hp left.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

I've been in 40 or so battles with my A-20. And I still have 40-60 before me. Number of kills: 1. :lol:

Overall, my hit rate is 36% in 200-something battles.  :blush:

I've come to love my Su-85B, though. It's as much fun to advance with a group of mediums or heavies with it as it is to camp near the base to protect the arty. And I can punch holes in enemies up to two tiers above me if I aim right. The speed and maneuverability sells the Russian TDs to me over the German ones.

Though in recent battles I've seen light tanks camped in the most remote nooks of the home base while the arty was being overrun.  <_<
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Another Noob question,
I'm in the m2 medium tank, I've researched everything but radio and the M3, but for  somereason the M3 is greyed out even though i have more than enough research, trying to find out if way to see what i'm missing in research (maybe some other tank?) stopping me from picking it up?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on July 31, 2011, 11:32:39 PM

What was odd is that he was not far from a building on the city map - he could have just backed up into the building to stop me from moving all the way around him. Maybe his engine was gone.

Occam's Razor. People are stupid and don't consider their options.  :P

I think it's far more likely that he simply thought he should be able to easily kill you since he's in a Tiger and didn't stop to consider what alternatives there were to just tracking you with his turret.

Case in point: If you can recall, did he also turn his hull aswell as his turret?

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on July 31, 2011, 10:00:22 PM
On the other hand, my kill rate is 0.75 per match, whereas yours is 0.61 per match.  I'd rather keep missing if that nets me more kills.  :P

.83, 64%.  :hmm:

The Brain

Is this game the bee's knees?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Slargos

Quote from: katmai on July 31, 2011, 10:41:45 PM
Yo fonts of knowledge Slargos and Berkut....finally have had some time to play this again and wondering what factors into amount of xp you get per battle, I'm avg about 200 or so in my T3 tank, wondering what i can do to improve that.

Battle Mechanics - World Of Tanks

This document contains most of the details you need to know about this game. [I don't think Berkut has read it. ]

Short story:

Primary sources of XP is damage dealt and victory. The XP gained per kill is marginal and # of kills is just a source of E-Peen.

Hence, early on when you're facing enemies with little HP and your guns aren't doing much damage your potential for XP is much lower than later.

I average about 500 XP per battle overall, but in my higher tiered tanks, 650. In a typical victory I will get around 1000 XP, and in a defeat where I've still done well I'll get about 750.

Victory accounts for IIRC a 50% bonus to XP.