And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Damn making money is slow in this game. :bleeding:

Slargos

Taking the Tiger I before gathering enough Free XP to get the Long 88 immediately = :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:

Ancient Demon

Hey, is this tank available in the game? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreuzer_P._1000_Ratte

Not realistic, I know, but it would be quite a sight to behold.  :lol:

Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Berkut

Got into a Marder. Very nice upgrade, I finally have a gun that can at least threaten almost everything I am on the field with.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Trying to get through a match with my Pz38NA is an exercise in futility though. I can't touch anything.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on June 26, 2011, 01:21:31 PM
Got into a Marder. Very nice upgrade, I finally have a gun that can at least threaten almost everything I am on the field with.

The Marder is a nice piece of machinery. Good traverse on the gun, and relatively nimble for a TD.

Slargos

Quote from: Ancient Demon on June 26, 2011, 01:02:07 PM
Hey, is this tank available in the game? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreuzer_P._1000_Ratte

Not realistic, I know, but it would be quite a sight to behold.  :lol:

Nix. The Maus is there, though.

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on June 26, 2011, 01:23:16 PM
Trying to get through a match with my Pz38NA is an exercise in futility though. I can't touch anything.
You can touch the arty and maybe even the tank destroyers.  If the other team is full of noobs, and all the tanks charge ahead and leave arty behind, you can be like a fox in a hen-house.  Just auto-aim at all the soft targets, and don't ever stop while you're moving in ever-tightening circles around the victims.

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on June 26, 2011, 01:23:16 PM

What Drakken said. Additionally, your job when there are enough heavies and mediums on the map that you can't really kill anything is to scout for your own heavies and arty. Find good hiding spots and keep the enemy lit up so that your own guys can fire while theirs can't.

You also get XP for being the first to spot an opponent, and for being within visual range while they're getting pounded.

DGuller

Quote from: Slargos on June 27, 2011, 01:58:20 AM
What Drakken said.
WTF, man?  I can live with you wanting to exterminate my kind, but this?  This means WAR!!!

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on June 27, 2011, 08:42:57 AM
Quote from: Slargos on June 27, 2011, 01:58:20 AM
What Drakken said.
WTF, man?  I can live with you wanting to exterminate my kind, but this?  This means WAR!!!

:lol:

Will you believe me if I said I feel very embarrassed about that one? I don't apologize often, because while I see the social efficacy of an insincere apology I do not like having to lie even for expediency.

I am so, so sorry.  :blush:

Slargos

After I got the L/71 and a better engine for my Tiger, it has actually turned into quite a nice tank. I just rolled up an entire flank on my own on Westfield, while the rest of my team camped the flag. Would've single-handedly won the map but for the goddamned artillery that tracked me and left me easy pickings for two mediums that hurriedly returned from trading misses with the campers. After I'm dead the stupid little cunts deign to start moving in my general direction.  <_<

Granted, I was moving full speed most of the advance, and only stopped to fire, so the slow assholes probably didn't even realize what was happening. My kind of match.  :pirate

DGuller

Wow, first time I've seen a calculated head-on charge actually work at Malinovka.  And work it did:  the casualties were 15-2 in our favor.  A simple charge by heavy tanks is vastly under-estimated on that map, IMO:  as long as everyone is on-board, it can work very well.  Unfortunately, most of the players are just convinced that camping is the way to go, so those who charge just suicide themselves needlessly while cowards stay back and wait to be massacred.

DGuller

Hehe, 2 kills as a bottom tier 38(t).  In the right circumstances, with some luck, light tanks can definitely punch above their weight.  It also helps when the ones defending the base are the other light tanks, which is just a silly role for them if you think about it.

DGuller

The next battle, I kill 5 with it: 2 lights, 1 arty, 1 TD, 1 medium.  I was near the top of the list that time, though.