News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Warsaw Pride 2011

Started by Martinus, June 12, 2011, 09:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

So, I marched in the Warsaw Pride March yesterday.  :huh:

Nice weather, nice music. Less police than before. About 5000-10000 people in attendance. About 100 neonazis at the beginning shouting something (and promptly, cut off by the police). Then a pretty pedestrian event, walking through the streets, with passer-bys and onlookers waving and smiling. Families with children in attendance.

Then about a dozen of elderly people at the end with a cross and "NO TO EUROSODOMY" sign, giving out pictures of saints.

Also, about three dozens of mainstream Polish politicians (including some of the best known ones) from several parties riding on the platforms and asking us to vote for them (it used to be that we had to ask them to show up and if one of them did it was a great event).

I'm disappointed by how normal it has become in just 6 years.  :glare:

Slargos

Where are you going to turn for attention whoring now that you've lost both the faux-lawyer and faux-faggot venues?

Martinus

Quote from: Slargos on June 12, 2011, 09:12:32 AM
Where are you going to turn for attention whoring now that you've lost both the faux-lawyer and faux-faggot venues?

I'm still a hypochondriac.  :cool:

garbon

Quote from: Slargos on June 12, 2011, 09:12:32 AM

Well Prides are sill venues/occasions in civilized countries. Occasions to drink/do drugs/have sex with more individuals who are primed to do those same things.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

:huh:
You're dissapointed being gay is becoming normalised and is no longer all that persecuted?
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on June 12, 2011, 09:09:36 AM

Congrats.  Welcome to the world of western civilization, where heterphobia is so generally accepted it's filed under "W" for "Who Gives A Shit".

Neil

Quote from: Tyr on June 12, 2011, 11:07:07 AM
You're dissapointed being gay is becoming normalised and is no longer all that persecuted?
He's in it for the feelings of victimization, not for the homosexuality.  That's the source of all his complexes.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on June 12, 2011, 11:47:44 AM
Quote from: Tyr on June 12, 2011, 11:07:07 AM
He's in it for the feelings of victimization, not for the homosexuality.  That's the source of all his complexes.

:yes:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

I keep forgetting Languish does not do self-depreciating irony.

There is always a retard that reads it at the face value, followed by an empathy-less freak who then tries to insult me by saying the same thing I originally ironically said about myself.  :lol:

Eddie Teach

I missed the self-deprecating part.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 12, 2011, 02:02:04 PM
I missed the self-deprecating part.

The "I'm disappointed" part was a joke/jab at my martyr complex. Tyr's and Neil's responses show they are intellectually and emotionally stunted, respectively.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on June 12, 2011, 01:22:39 PM

There is always a retard that reads it at the face value, followed by an empathy-less freak who then tries to insult me by saying the same thing I originally ironically said about myself.  :lol:

Irony only works when subtly employed. 
Unfortunately your reputation of driving heterophobia into the ground with your constant cockmunch victimization sorta disqualifies it as a useful literary tool for you.

OttoVonBismarck

Nothing like being proud of where you rest your cock.

viper37

Quote from: Martinus on June 12, 2011, 01:22:39 PM

Drop the act.  And move to Russia.  ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.