News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Baseball Setup thread.

Started by Syt, April 18, 2009, 12:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

yeah ootp is great in customizing regard.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

I haven't played with the customization yet, did you just create the teams and have them populated by PC generated players or you just change the names of the real teams and players?

Thanks for the heads-up on this game, I am pretty sure I will be able to waste an incredible amount of time on this thing. :)

Syt

Quote from: sbr on April 20, 2009, 02:27:15 AM
I haven't played with the customization yet, did you just create the teams and have them populated by PC generated players or you just change the names of the real teams and players?

I created a league with 8x4 teams. It then generates random teams which I can edit. The minors are all randomized based on the major league teams (e.g. Vienna Cannibals have Austrian teams affiliated). All players have been randomized based on team countries. So you'll have in my case U.S., Canucks, Austrians, etc., plus the "usual" suspects like DomRep, Aruba etc. To top it off I had an inaugural draft (though you can start with teams already populated).

Creating a wholly fictional random major league with minors is a matter of 5 minutes. Customizing teams, colours, logos takes a bit longer but is also very easy.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I guess I will play one Languish season in OOTP9; by the time I'm finished OOTP10 should be out, so I can then import into that one.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.