And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Baseball Setup thread.

Started by Syt, April 18, 2009, 12:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on April 18, 2009, 05:40:53 PM
So much ammo on Martinus, and you call him the Lawmen?   :huh:

I had to work with what was available. There's no logos that fit themselves to "Slavs", "Fabs", "H&M" etc. The closest is "Prise", but a Lion logo didn't make sense.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: katmai on April 18, 2009, 05:47:33 PM
I like em syt, only one i can't for life of me get is the Phoenix one.

Golden Eagle in Russian means "Berkut". Should rename the team to Arizona Golden Eagles, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 18, 2009, 10:19:52 PM
:lol: Looks awesome, hope you went with 155 games, otherwise the season would be too long and the season stats would look out of wack.

Yeah, I set to 186 in the game, but lieing in bed I will reconsider and restart. Not much has happened yet, anyways.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Quote from: Syt on April 19, 2009, 01:09:44 AM
Quote from: katmai on April 18, 2009, 05:47:33 PM
I like em syt, only one i can't for life of me get is the Phoenix one.

Golden Eagle in Russian means "Berkut". Should rename the team to Arizona Golden Eagles, though.

Ah yeah it was the phoenix part that had me confused :D
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Syt

Btw, I got all logos (except Foot Ticklers) from:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/logos-graphics-html/122431-4500-generic-logos-free-taking.html
(Links to 4500+ generic logos)

And because I was bored today I also whipped up some jerseys for the teams.
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Quote from: katmai on April 19, 2009, 05:54:41 AM
I approve of the Beaners color scheme. :P

They will play their home games at the Taco Bell Arena. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

dps

Quote from: Syt on April 19, 2009, 01:28:57 AM
Quote from: Barrister on April 18, 2009, 05:40:53 PM
So much ammo on Martinus, and you call him the Lawmen?   :huh:

Warsaw Feet Ticklers?

Rainbows, maybe?

EDIT:  Or better, Flames. 

Grey Fox

WTF Blue?

Atleast go Expos powder blue.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Viking

What can you control apart from team selection. Can you call bunts? Tell the pitcher how to pitch? Encourage base stealing? Move outfielders forward or back?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Syt

Quote from: Viking on April 19, 2009, 08:18:36 PM
What can you control apart from team selection. Can you call bunts? Tell the pitcher how to pitch? Encourage base stealing? Move outfielders forward or back?

I answered the question in the AAR thread - and provided links to the online manuals. In short: yes, except telling the pitcher how to pitch (fastballs, curveballs etc.), but you can tell him to try pick of stealers etc., move infield and outfield depending on batter, give intentional walks (Graziadei and Salvenmoser have collected a few of those against weak pitchers :menace: ), send relievers/closers to warm up ...
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: dps on April 19, 2009, 07:58:03 PM
Rainbows, maybe?

EDIT:  Or better, Flames.

They're playing in the Rainbow Arena. ;) Maybe I will change their (and other) franchises after the season. It's rather easy to mod, really. When you start a league all colour schemes are randomized (towns/nicks, too, normally - I have all minors randomized and only added logos), but you can edit it rather quickly. You can change names, colour schemes, logos from within the game. In case of jerseys it generates png files on the fly based on colour selections and design and modifies them. You can then edit them in a gfx program (e.g. add logo or text to the jersey) and the game will immediately start using them.
—Stephen Jay Gould