"Green" beansprouts from Germany the likely cause of the e-coli outbreaks

Started by Martinus, June 05, 2011, 05:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13662431

Irony does not begin to describe that. Germans should stay away from any ideology - even "going green" kills people when done by Germans.

Btw, say hello to a massive lawsuit from the Spanish.  :lol:

sbr

Aren't all sprouts green?  That article you linked to doesn't say that there was anything special about this batch of sprouts.

Neil

Just use sovereign immunity to defeat the paltry legal forces of Spain.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

"Ve have vaited a very long time to implement Operation Felix..." :menace:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Zanza

The sprouts may not be the cause after all as the first lab tests were all negative and a lot of the infected can't remember eating any.

Anyway, e. coli infections happen all the time all around the world, just not in this intensity. This particular strain is more dangerous and deadly than most, but that doesn't say anything at all about organic food. And it's not like our industrialized food sector didn't have its own scandals all the time, usually not as deadly as this one though.

Mr.Penguin

Before long have we been through the whole list of vegetables and still non the wiser, I predict that the only thing that comes out of all this, is that people stop eating vegetables for some time and a lot of greeneries goes bankrupt...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Martinus

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on June 06, 2011, 09:15:56 AM
Before long have we been through the whole list of vegetables and still non the wiser, I predict that the only thing that comes out of all this, is that people stop eating vegetables for some time and a lot of greeneries goes bankrupt...

Maybe it's the revenge from the meat manufacturers for all the meat scares we have had over the last years? :P