News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Brood

Started by Razgovory, June 04, 2011, 10:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Cicada's are everywhere this year.  I believe this is the emergence of a 13 year brood.  It is extremely unpleasant to cut the grass as swarms of large shrieking insects come flying at my head.  To make matters worse they seem attracted to sound of the lawn mower.  It's better then 1998 when the 13 year brood and the 17 year brood coincided and there so many of them in the trees that branches were falling off the trees.  Still, I want all the bastards dead.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

I thought this was another thread about your family.

Kleves

Quote from: Martinus on June 04, 2011, 01:27:18 PM
I thought this was another thread about your family.
Are you sure it isn't?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Ed Anger

I hate Cicadas. I hate it even more when they die off and they leave their little corpses behind like some sort of Cicada Dachau.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on June 04, 2011, 10:46:03 AM
Cicada's are everywhere this year.

Fry them, they're good.  Apparently.

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ideologue

I thought it was about the early Cronenberg movie.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 04, 2011, 02:25:30 PM
I hate Cicadas. I hate it even more when they die off and they leave their little corpses behind like some sort of Cicada Dachau.

I wish they would die.  They are really fucking loud.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yeah, I'm pretty much fucked.  You and Cal should be okay.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Eddie Teach

I haven't noticed any.

Just noticed "Indian Territory." So I guess this isn't a map of the current infestation.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Haven't heard nor seen a single cicada this year yet.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Queequeg

Quote from: Ideologue on June 04, 2011, 02:32:13 PM
Which is totally awesome and disgusting, btw.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Neil

Move someplace decent.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on June 04, 2011, 08:17:02 PM
Move someplace decent.

What, like Alberta?  Nah, I have no desire to live in the American Siberia.  Also, you may have noticed, I don't have a lot of choices where I can live.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: Queequeg on June 04, 2011, 08:12:30 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 04, 2011, 02:32:13 PM
Which is totally awesome and disgusting, btw.
Cool.  I need to check it out.  I've been loving some Cronenberg lately.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)