News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Grunge: Emo-in-Flannel?

Started by Martinus, April 17, 2009, 04:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

It'll be hillarious once the emo kids turn 30 or 40, and their kids have taken some new whiny style of music.  They'll go on about how the new style is terrible and how emo was 'pure'.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Queequeg

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on April 18, 2009, 01:10:04 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 17, 2009, 04:34:05 AM
A lot of people on this board seem to enjoy grunge, but hate emo music. Is this only because they are old? Because the music is pretty much the same, only grunge musicians wore more flannel and less eyeliner.

Discuss. -_-

are you retarded?
This is Martinus.  The answer to that supposedly rhetorical question is clearly yes.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Josquius

Emo for me quite clearly grew out of pop punk.
When I was 15 or so I remember Blink 182 and all that sort of thing enjoyed a surge of populairty, a few years later emo appeared. Similar stuff only gayer.

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 18, 2009, 07:55:39 AM
Emo? I'll show you emo.  I'll cut your face.

I don't ever recall any movie quotes like "You know how I know you're gay? You listen to Alice In Chains."

My Chemical Romance and Coldplay = Emo
Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Afghan Whigs, Beat Happening = Not Emo

Go die, Martinus, before I find you and slash you to pieces with your Barbara Streisand CDs, you filthy ass cocknibbler faggot fuckstick.
Coldplay isn't emo. Its just standard radio friendly indiesque music for the over 40s.
██████
██████
██████