News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I TOLD YOU SO!

Started by Barrister, May 31, 2011, 10:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on October 09, 2011, 12:47:33 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 09, 2011, 12:47:09 PM
It's not Thanksgiving for another month and a half. :contract:
Wrong.

QuoteStarting in 1879 Thanksgiving Day was observed every year, but the date was initially a Thursday in November.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I only celebrate Franksgiving.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: garbon on October 09, 2011, 01:58:20 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 09, 2011, 12:47:33 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 09, 2011, 12:47:09 PM
It's not Thanksgiving for another month and a half. :contract:
Wrong.
QuoteStarting in 1879 Thanksgiving Day was observed every year, but the date was initially a Thursday in November.
Sorry, but you guys lost the War of 1812.  You don't get to tell us when Thanksgiving is.

At any rate, there's no point having a harvest festival in late November in Canada.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Bumped to remind certain people why they should listen to me. :contract:

katmai

Thanksgiving stI'll isn't in October. :rolleyes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on April 04, 2012, 11:00:20 AM
Bumped to remind BB that he didn't "say" anything, just posted a YouTube link that only idiots clicked, on given its lack of context. :contract:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

I listen to you :)

But I'm not getting excited until the official announcement :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

:contract:

Ed Anger

Still not giving a fuck
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 01, 2014, 07:41:20 AM
Still not giving a fuck
I don't even understand Beeb's point, other than he wanted to use the I-am-being-an-asshole smiley.  Did something change?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister