News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I TOLD YOU SO!

Started by Barrister, May 31, 2011, 10:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2011, 12:48:56 PM
Gary Bettman said the name and logo "Winnipeg Jets" would be available if the team wanted it.

They better go back to the original name and unis, or this will have been all for naught.

Loved the pic of Bob and Doug MacKenzie waiting for tickets to go on sale, by the way.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2011, 09:16:46 PM
They better go back to the original name and unis, or this will have been all for naught.

:thumbsup:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on May 31, 2011, 08:39:57 PM
I already told you congrats in other thread ya fucking dumbass uke.

It's not the congrats I want - it's the admission that you should have listened to your Barrister - he knew what he was talking about.  :contract:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2011, 09:16:46 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2011, 12:48:56 PM
Gary Bettman said the name and logo "Winnipeg Jets" would be available if the team wanted it.

Loved the pic of Bob and Doug MacKenzie waiting for tickets to go on sale, by the way.

Well, it won't have been for naught - just like getting the Ravens made up for your loss, even though they weren't named Colts.

But the original unis sucked.  My own personal prayer is for the Winnipeg (or Manitoba) Jets, but with a completely, radically new, uniform and logo.

Barrister

Holy Shit.

I just realized that the NHL came back to Winnipeg on the same day my son was born (May 31).  I was thrown because we held his party two days earlier.

If that's not a sign I don't know what is. :worthy:

PRC

Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2011, 11:33:52 PM
Holy Shit.

I just realized that the NHL came back to Winnipeg on the same day my son was born (May 31).  I was thrown because we held his party two days earlier.

Sign him up for hockey when he is old enough.  You may just have the Manitoba Polar Bears next superstar.

Barrister

Quote from: PRC on May 31, 2011, 11:40:39 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2011, 11:33:52 PM
Holy Shit.

Sign him up for hockey when he is old enough.  You may just have the Manitoba Polar Bears next superstar.

I actually don't really want him to play hockey.  Most hockey players I know are assholes.   :Embarrass:

Curling - now that's a sport for a Barrister Boy. :scots:

Now that being said if he has his heart set on hockey I'll take him.  But I don't know that I'm going to push him in that direction.

Valmy

That's the way I feel about my son and (American) Football.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2011, 11:28:01 PM

It's not the congrats I want - it's the admission that you should have listened to your Barrister - he knew what he was talking about.  :contract:
I choose to wait to the day in about ten years when the Manitoba Polar Bears break your heart and move and become the Charleston Chiefs. ^_^
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on June 01, 2011, 12:03:23 AM
Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2011, 11:28:01 PM

I choose to wait to the day in about ten years when the Manitoba Polar Bears break your heart and move and become the Charleston Chiefs. ^_^

Okay - how about a simple admission you were wrong when you said the Jets would never come back. :blurgh:

katmai

If they Jets had come back I would :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Zoupa

Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2011, 03:35:44 PM
Not one person has been man enough to admit they were wrong about this day.  :contract:

Katmai, CC, PRC, Viper, HVC, Zoupa, Ed Anger, I'm waiting.   :cool:

I never said they would never come back. I just said you were annoying the shit out of everybody by posting 15 updates a day about Glendale council meetings nobody cared a flying fuck about.  :contract:

Valdemar

Does this mean you are finally out of the REAL hockey thread? :D

V

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on June 01, 2011, 02:04:47 AM
If they Jets had come back I would :P

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My 'source' is now backing off the Polar Bears name.  We'll see...