News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pride of Nations

Started by Tamas, May 27, 2011, 02:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

So has anyone ever finished a whole game of this?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grallon

I keep telling myself I should get back to this...  Yet I keep not going back to it.  You could watch paint dry while turns unfold.  Has much changed with the new patch?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Syt

Any word on an official, non-beta patch? I want to wait playing for earnest till that one's out.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on August 09, 2011, 10:31:15 PM
Any word on an official, non-beta patch? I want to wait playing for earnest till that one's out.
Could be, over in the Paradox forums.  To me, the situation smells of neglect and the death of a thousand cuts for AGEOD.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

New patch? No. New DLC? Of course.

Oh Paradox.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

I didn't spend any money on this. :ph34r:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

I thought, AGEOD? It'll be fun. But noooooooo. The AI sends its armies wondering through your country and your provinces flip to their military control. Fuck that shit. 600,000 Prussians in Trieste? The Czar of Russia camping in Buda? Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I should have wiped my ass with the 20 dollar bill instead of giving it to those Paradox/AGEOD fucks.

Habsburg

This interests me...may I micromanage as in Victoria, or is this a turn it over to the manager (New Vic/HOI3/EU3) game?!?

grumbler

Quote from: Habsburg on September 07, 2011, 07:56:04 PM
This interests me...may I micromanage as in Victoria, or is this a turn it over to the manager (New Vic/HOI3/EU3) game?!?
You must micromanage.  Your fucking leaders die after 6 months and then you need to send all your new leaders (who replace the old ones one for one) from the capital to your armies.  If you stockpile goods, they evaporate, but you also cannot spend them because your force pools of industry are too small.

The game looked so great for about the first ten turns, too....

No more AGEOD buys for me.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Solmyr

Tamas

crazy canuck

Quote from: Solmyr on September 08, 2011, 03:05:39 AM
Tamas taint?

Defintely.

Turns out I should have waited for the patch before I bought.  I would have saved my money.

szmik

I really wanted to like this game :(  but it turned me down.
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Ed Anger

They finally patched this thing officially. Fuck that beta shit.

Razgovory

Has anyone actually ever finished an entire game?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017