News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pride of Nations

Started by Tamas, May 27, 2011, 02:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on June 20, 2011, 12:31:37 AM
I very much doubt Paradox gives a rat's ass about the Napoleonic game. Pocus recently made a new patch for it, and it is available without any fuss from the original AGEOD forum.
Thanks for that info.  :)
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on June 19, 2011, 11:00:10 PM

Yeah, that whole "find the code and then type it in without any errors so that you can see shit that every game company whose head wasn't in their asses lets you freely access because it is good for sales as well as support"  was one of the real downsides to Paradox buying AGEOD; the only forums supporting AGEOD games now are forums you cannot see without going through more trouble than they are worth.

It's kinda too bad, too.  I was going to buy the Napoleonic game before I realized that I couldn't get any support without hassles.  Well, lotsa game companies in the sea, so the fact that there is a second company I won't buy from isn't that big a deal.

I find the practice rather annoying as well.  It is a fairly unique for of anti-piracy.  "We will release a game that doesn't work unless you register and download the patch.  Sometimes we'll make you pay for the patch as well.  Also the patch will likely make something else not work in the game."
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Caliga

I'm still going through the tutorials :blush: , but this game seems simpler in some way than AGEOD's Civil War, which I never fully got into.  I really like what I've seen so far.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

Can't really go more than two turns at a time on my computer with 2G of ram. Unplayable really. On my other one with 8G, it's much better. Though I did get one corrupted save game with that directx burst to main bug on that computer.

I'm liking the game so far, but I will admit the troubleshooting time to playing time ratio is quite bad right now.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

I'm done until the next non-beta patch. I've got Russia and Prussia having control of at least two provinces, and Sardinia at 50% in Firuli even though there is an Austrian corps sitting there. All of this happening when I'm at peace.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

I very much doubt Paradox gives a rat's ass about the Napoleonic game. Pocus recently made a new patch for it, and it is available without any fuss from the original AGEOD forum.
I found the right forums, and they have everything I need.  No need to go to Paradox's forums at all.  :cool:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Quote from: grumbler on June 22, 2011, 08:25:22 AM
I found the right forums, and they have everything I need.  No need to go to Paradox's forums at all.  :cool:

:cool:

Glad to be of service.

Too bad I lost my Nappywars installer :( Not sure I could even pirate it to enter my serial then.

I think it is the least popular of the branch, but the reason is a bit puzzling for me, because it does a good job.

grumbler

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 21, 2011, 01:02:25 PM
Can't really go more than two turns at a time on my computer with 2G of ram. Unplayable really. On my other one with 8G, it's much better. Though I did get one corrupted save game with that directx burst to main bug on that computer.

I'm liking the game so far, but I will admit the troubleshooting time to playing time ratio is quite bad right now.
Did you patch up with the unofficial beta?  My game plays a lot faster and better after the patch.  There is now an installer version of the patch, if the directions were scaring you off.

See 2/3 of the way down the page: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=21687&page=2

Bayraktar!

Grallon

This looks strangely like a rehash of Victoria...  Yet Vic 2 came out last year yes?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on June 22, 2011, 03:33:45 PM
This looks strangely like a rehash of Victoria...  Yet Vic 2 came out last year yes?

G.

Different design team. AGEOD was working on this before they were bought.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

Does AGEOD have any new projects on the horizon?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 23, 2011, 09:25:48 AM
Does AGEOD have any new projects on the horizon?

They sent me an email stating if I post on their forums again they will throw eggs at my house.  So there's that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Razgovory on June 23, 2011, 02:21:40 PM
They sent me an email stating if I post on their forums again they will throw eggs at my house.  So there's that.

Hmm.  Throwing Eggs at Raz's House.  Sounds like an iOS game.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson