Looks like it is time for a new smartphone...

Started by Berkut, May 26, 2011, 09:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Liep on August 24, 2011, 08:33:15 AM
Just ordered a Samsung Galaxy S II through work. I liked the last Samsung phone I had, an e250. That was a bit cheaper though.

Sweet.  We're finally getting them here in the US next week.  If I weren't 12 months away from my next upgrade, this would probably be my next phone.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

ulmont

What's the current hotness for an Android phone with a physical keyboard?

Caliga

I think Princesca and I are going to get smartphones soon.  My current phone is ok (Sony Ericsson w760), but I'd like a new toy.  I have my corporate Blackberry, but Blackberry kinda sucks now and I feel weird looking at Facebook and shit on it even though I know they don't care.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Vricklund

I recently got a sonyericson neo, in fact I'm writing this entry on it. Rooted it an got rid of all the annoying sonyericsson stuff. Liking it alot so far.

If you're looking for a dirt cheap androidphone I can recommend the ZTE Blade. My girlfriend got one almost a year ago, perhaps there's a newer model out now? Don't expect it to run hd-material without a stutter but for everyday use, some facebook and web browsing it's perfectly ok. Had I not been so impressed by her phone I would probably have not have gotten a smartphone myself.

derspiess

Quote from: ulmont on August 27, 2011, 10:42:09 AM

What carrier are you with?  The Droid 3 is one of the newest & it has good specs.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

ulmont

Quote from: derspiess on August 28, 2011, 08:14:36 PM
Quote from: ulmont on August 27, 2011, 10:42:09 AM

What carrier are you with?  The Droid 3 is one of the newest & it has good specs.

I'm with AT&T now, but I could be convinced to switch.

Caliga

I'm with AT&T too... was looking at the Samsung Infuse 4G earlier.  Unfortunately I live in a rural area and can't get 4G at home (from any carrier) but I can get it in town with no problem.  The question in my mind is: do I jump ship to Verizon because their 4G network is supposed to be so badass?  My brother (who works for T-Mobile) is encouraging me to do that.

Alcibiades

Really want to get the samsung galaxy 2, but looks like Verizon isn't going to offer it.  Any news on when the Droid Prime may come out?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

JonasSalk

LG Optimus V with Virgin Mobile. $55 a month for unlimited everything, or $35 a month for unlimited data/text/email and 300 talk minutes. My plan is $25 a month because I got in before the price hike. I have been mostly satisfied with the phone's performance and service, although sometimes it is slow to do texting through the basic texting app. The phone is a mid-range Droid phone and is $150. No contract.
Yuman

Caliga

Princesca wants us to get Atrixes instead of Infuses.  Is the extra cost worth it? :hmm:

Darth Wagtaros

l'LL have to replace my Droid soon. It is an original model, and going to crap.  Droid X or something I guess.  It'll be in December when the new every 2 comes.
PDH!

Scipio

Still got my old HTC Hero. About to go Galaxy S or Droid X.  Stupid cellularsouth.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

DontSayBanana

Working on a Motorola Citrus right now (the phone's actually quite decent for those of us who aren't app-crazy).  S is on a Galaxy S Continuum; the Fascinate seemed like it had some problems that would just piss us off too bad.
Experience bij!

Caliga

Ok, this Atrix is pretty badass.  Tell me some cool shit I can do with it PLZ.  The Latitude app is like a billion times better than the one I have on my Blackberry.

DGuller

Got Droid Bionic a couple of days ago.  My first impressions will follow shortly.