A genuine question for Conservatives and others who don't like Obama

Started by Razgovory, May 17, 2011, 09:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

If he were white, nobody would give a shit about the teleprompters.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 17, 2011, 06:59:54 PM

It isn't a good idea to overplay the black card.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Of course they would. Just like they cared about the white man lying about hummers, or the other white mans NG record, and the OTHER white mans purple heart.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on May 17, 2011, 07:16:47 PM

I agree, the black card should be reserved for the birthers or people who call Obama a "Welfare thug".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on May 17, 2011, 08:12:56 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 17, 2011, 07:16:47 PM

I agree, the black card should be reserved for the birthers or people who call Obama a "Welfare thug".

Oh don't get me wrong, I play it too, just not everyday. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zoupa

Quote from: The Brain on May 17, 2011, 11:04:15 AM
Quote from: Gups on May 17, 2011, 10:59:51 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 17, 2011, 10:43:50 AM
I already answered that Valmy.

The only people who care are those who think they can get some traction out of it. They don't "really" care, just like nobody really cared if Clinton lied about getting a hummer.

If nobody cares how does the issue get traction? Is it people who don't really care about an issue pushing it in the hope that there are people out there who do care? Seems a bit arse about face, but then a lot of things do.

They are all polite ways to say "he's a filthy nigger". And people care about that.

bingo.

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on May 17, 2011, 07:56:08 PM

Of course they would. Just like they cared about the white man lying about hummers, or the other white mans NG record, and the OTHER white mans purple heart.
The Obamaniacs will never admit that attacks on him are politics as usual.  Save your breath.

They are fixated on race even more than Obama's critics.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: Zoupa on May 17, 2011, 11:56:02 PM
Quote from: The Brain on May 17, 2011, 11:04:15 AM
Quote from: Gups on May 17, 2011, 10:59:51 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 17, 2011, 10:43:50 AM
I already answered that Valmy.

The only people who care are those who think they can get some traction out of it. They don't "really" care, just like nobody really cared if Clinton lied about getting a hummer.

If nobody cares how does the issue get traction? Is it people who don't really care about an issue pushing it in the hope that there are people out there who do care? Seems a bit arse about face, but then a lot of things do.

They are all polite ways to say "he's a filthy nigger". And people care about that.

bingo.

:rolleyes:

KRonn

Quote from: grumbler on May 18, 2011, 12:02:13 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 17, 2011, 07:56:08 PM

The Obamaniacs will never admit that attacks on him are politics as usual.  Save your breath.

They are fixated on race even more than Obama's critics.
:yes:

Caliga

The birther issue strikes me as thinly-veiled racism, but the teleprompter issue doesn't seem like that.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on May 18, 2011, 07:57:50 AM
The birther issue strikes me as thinly-veiled racism, but the teleprompter issue doesn't seem like that.

The teleprompter one just strikes me a bizarre.  It's like attacking the President for misrepresenting his true height because he wears shoes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Scipio

The birther issue in principle is not racist; persisting in it after the long-form birth certificate is released is, however.

It's a legitimate question whether the President was born where he says he was born.  What's not legitimate is the objection that if he were born outside of the United States he would not be a natural-born citizen under the circumstances alleged.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Caliga

Quote from: Scipio on May 18, 2011, 08:28:08 AM
The birther issue in principle is not racist; persisting in it after the long-form birth certificate is released is, however.
I agree with you but I don't think the crowd that was obsessed with this was/is interested in it for the same reason that you might be.  I don't think studying constitutional issues is something most of them spend lots of time doing.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Caliga on May 18, 2011, 08:30:03 AM
I agree with you but I don't think the crowd that was obsessed with this was/is interested in it for the same reason that you might be.  I don't think studying constitutional issues is something most of them spend lots of time doing.

I think that some of them think they spend their time studying constitutional issues, but that study consists of uncritically lapping up the constitutional "scholarship" of the likes of Bachmann, Limbaugh, etc., as opposed to analyzing treatises, reviewing case reports, etc.   There is a similarity in methods with the tax protestor nuts.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Caliga

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 18, 2011, 01:13:58 PM
I think that some of the think they spend their time studying constitutional issues, but that study consists of uncritically lapping up the constitutional "scholarship" of the likes of Bachmann, Limbaugh, etc., as opposed to analyzing treatises, reviewing case reports, etc.   There is a similarity in methods with the tax protestor nuts.
I believe we are basically in agreement. :hmm: