News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Rome Total War

Started by Josquius, May 17, 2011, 04:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I've decided I want to play this game again. For those who are big fans- what is the way to play? Which mod is the best?
Just Total Realism?
██████
██████
██████

Monoriu

I played it using total realism and it was a mixed bag.  It improved the game and the battles, but there were simply way too many cities.  They added like twice the number of cities.  Too tedious. 

Octavian

Quote from: Tyr on May 17, 2011, 04:34:15 AM
I've decided I want to play this game again. For those who are big fans- what is the way to play? Which mod is the best?
Just Total Realism?

Roma Surrectum II
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Josquius

Dang, a dillema already.
Seems to be Europa Barbarorum, Total Realism or Roma Surrectum...
I'm leaning away from Surrectum at the moment, I've read its main purpose is to be freaking hard, comments say this is to the point of annoyance. Otherwise...hmm...
██████
██████
██████

Norgy

Unless you have a Steam version or similar, you may run into some issues with compatibility if you use Win 7.
I think running it in XP mode may get you home free.

Also, the game looks horrendous in HD.

As for mods, I really liked EB.

Lettow77

EB is great, yes, certainly.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

grumbler

Quote from: Lettow77 on May 17, 2011, 06:10:44 PM
EB is great, yes, certainly.
In spite of this taint, EB is really quite good, and installs well.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Octavian

Yeah I agree about EB.

I use win 7 and have had no problems with RTW.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Josquius

Went with EB.

God I'd forgotten how damn weak your generals are. I'm used to them being a free unit of  decent cavalry. Not guys who die if they get anywhere near the enemy.
Had one battle, went well to begin with...until we got down to the last 2 or 3 units of medium infantry and they managed to take down half my army. Gah. No idea what I was doing wrong there. I had equally good infantry.
██████
██████
██████

Lettow77

Who are you playing as, and who were you fighting?
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Josquius

Romans vs that city in the south west of Italy with Roman units.
██████
██████
██████

Norgy

Quote from: Octavian on May 18, 2011, 01:48:00 AM
Yeah I agree about EB.

I use win 7 and have had no problems with RTW.

Really? I wonder if it's my desktop resolution screwing with me, then.  :hmm: