The Flintstones return to TV ... courtesy of Seth McFarlane

Started by Syt, May 17, 2011, 12:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Monoriu on May 17, 2011, 08:41:31 AM
Quote from: Syt on May 17, 2011, 12:07:10 AM
I think America is finally ready for an animated sitcom about a fat, stupid guy with a wife who's too good for him."
:ph34r:

I'm not entirely convince that your wife is too good for you.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on May 17, 2011, 08:45:31 AM
Don't worry. It's the premise of a million sitcoms.

And probably half a dozen that McFarlane created himself.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Well, Stan on American Dad isn't fat. Makes up for it by being doubly stupid, though. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Quote from: Ideologue on May 17, 2011, 05:08:01 AM
This really sounds like a terrible idea.  I don't even remember the Flintstones being particularly funny in the first place.
Never got hooked on this when seeing it in english, but by that time, I was getting a little older than the targetted audience :P

However, in Quebec, they were dubbed by local actors and the content was adapted to our local reality, just like the Simpsons, wich made it great.
I remember growing up with this, and later one seeing it on tv, during lunch time when I was older (university).  Even my father sometimes couldn't help himself but laugh, and he always hated comics.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Quote from: viper37 on May 17, 2011, 09:55:23 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on May 17, 2011, 05:08:01 AM
This really sounds like a terrible idea.  I don't even remember the Flintstones being particularly funny in the first place.
Never got hooked on this when seeing it in english, but by that time, I was getting a little older than the targetted audience :P

However, in Quebec, they were dubbed by local actors and the content was adapted to our local reality...

The French dub of the Flintstones might be all right.  I've often longed to hear Fred admit that his life is meaningless, but console himself with the knowledge that it is brief, while Wilma and Betty discuss hardcore sex.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.