Previous topic - Next topic

Left-handed or right-handed?

I am a genius lefty, filled with boundless imagination and creativity
11 (22.9%)
I am a boring, fascist righty, and act accordingly
37 (77.1%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Barrister

My handedness is like my politics and my correctness - 100% right.

Although I shoot left in hockey.  Probably why I've always been a crappy hockey player. :(

I do deliver curling stones with my right though. :scots:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

sbr

Very right-handed.  I can go left at all.  :(

Ideologue

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on May 15, 2011, 09:47:41 PM
Right-handed to a fault.  I'd say I can do shit with my left hand, but I'm not even sure I can.   :(

I've always been curious about the left-hand taboo in Arab and other various societies.  If they largely wipe their ass with their non-dominant hand, aren't they likely to do a significantly worse job?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

LaCroix

my mother is left handed. my left arm is stronger than the right; many activities either have a left or right preference; i write with the right and do more with it in general, i think--though there's little problem when the left is used in most cases. so, i dunno?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Monoriu

Right.  I don't know why, but Chinese are also quite adament that children learn to use the right hand. 

Caliga

Quote from: Monoriu on May 16, 2011, 05:05:55 AM
Right.  I don't know why, but Chinese are also quite adament that children learn to use the right hand.
It used to be that way here, too.  I think we stopped trying to make kids switch to the right in the 1950s or 60s.

Josquius

Right.
Though I eat in the way people say is left handed, it seems so much more logical to me though...
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on May 16, 2011, 05:21:56 AM
Though I eat in the way people say is left handed, it seems so much more logical to me though...

As I'm a lefty, I use my utensils "European-style" as well. 

Scipio

Right handed, but I shoot pistols ambidextrously.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

HVC

Quote from: Ideologue on May 16, 2011, 02:52:51 AM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on May 15, 2011, 09:47:41 PM
Right-handed to a fault.  I'd say I can do shit with my left hand, but I'm not even sure I can.   :(

I've always been curious about the left-hand taboo in Arab and other various societies.  If they largely wipe their ass with their non-dominant hand, aren't they likely to do a significantly worse job?
in a land with a historically limited water supply and a disuse of eating utensils it's best not to eat with the hand you use to clean your ass.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Righty but I use my left for other stuff like most here.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DontSayBanana

Southpaw for writing.  I play guitar and normally shoot right-handed, though, and I can switch off for everything else (including guns, but it takes a bit more concentration).
Experience bij!

Caliga

I've learned to shoot right-handed, yeah.