News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Question to Americans about the GOP

Started by Martim Silva, May 15, 2011, 07:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fate

Quote from: grumbler on May 15, 2011, 09:16:27 AM... but selling such an inherently absurd idea as a party that wanted to cut taxes and benefits?
In the last decade have Republicans ever cut benefits along with taxes?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Fate on May 15, 2011, 09:39:37 AM
Quote from: grumbler on May 15, 2011, 09:16:27 AM... but selling such an inherently absurd idea as a party that wanted to cut taxes and benefits?
In the last decade have Republicans ever cut benefits along with taxes?

They did a lovely job eviscerating Medicare benefits with the Prescription Drug Act.  Jacking up costs AND cutting benefits at the same time? Quite the feat.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 15, 2011, 07:44:18 AM
Look at the Languish posters that support the GOP, an you'll have your answer.

Holla.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on May 15, 2011, 09:48:40 AM

Holla.

You're such a race- and sexual orientation-traitor.  You're Alan Keyes in leather asschaps.

JacobL

:moon:

Valmy

Because most men would prefer to protect the possibility of becoming rich rather than face the reality of being poor. -_-

That and the Republicans do not actually call for cutting benefits.  They bribe rich and poor alike...as well as enrich entire regions of the country with out of control military spending.  Hence the budget deficit.

The Democrats likewise do not actually call for tax hikes  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Fate on May 15, 2011, 09:08:32 AM
Tax cuts for the rich produce a larger increase in government revenues than taxing the rich.

Once you accept this as truth it will all make sense.
It ain't a truth for the very rich, because their relative increase in disposable income will be very small, hence not much more spending or saving.

But it all depends on what you think is rich.  In Quebec, taxing the rich, means taxing people at 100 000$ dual income.

If we're talking billionaire in the US, it makes sense taxing them a little more.  It won't hurt them and it will benefit the state.  In places where you can count the billionaires on the fingers of one hand, it ain't a remedy though.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Scipio

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 15, 2011, 09:02:10 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 15, 2011, 08:02:01 AM
Second, whereas most Americans accept the need for a social safety net that will help a person who is going through a rough patch, to enable him or her to get back on his feet, they are also suspicious of a permanent underclass negroes, forever dependent on handouts for their existence and with little or no motivation to attain self-sufficiency.
How come you're not a Republican?  I've never met anyone who disdains the dazzlers as much as you.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Scipio on May 15, 2011, 02:45:22 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 15, 2011, 09:02:10 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 15, 2011, 08:02:01 AM
Second, whereas most Americans accept the need for a social safety net that will help a person who is going through a rough patch, to enable him or her to get back on his feet, they are also suspicious of a permanent underclass negroes, forever dependent on handouts for their existence and with little or no motivation to attain self-sufficiency.
How come you're not a Republican?  I've never met anyone who disdains the dazzlers as much as you.

I love them.  They're such a musical people.  And all the different stuff they can do with their hair?  Awesome.

grumbler

How come you're not a Republican?  I've never met anyone who disdains hates the dazzlers niggers as much as you me.
Doesn't want to associate with the types of people find at Republican rallies these days, I would reckon.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 15, 2011, 03:17:50 PM
I love them.  They're such a musical people.  And all the different stuff they can do with their hair?  Awesome.

That post just needs a squee or mew and it would read like something written by Lettow.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on May 15, 2011, 04:17:42 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 15, 2011, 03:17:50 PM

That post just needs a squee or mew and it would read like something written by Lettow.
Maybe CdM had a goofy childhood.  Only instead of anime, it was wargames and Depeche Mode.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 15, 2011, 09:48:11 AM
They did a lovely job eviscerating Medicare benefits with the Prescription Drug Act.  Jacking up costs AND cutting benefits at the same time? Quite the feat.

What in the world are you talking about?

Scipio

Quote from: grumbler on May 15, 2011, 03:19:50 PM
How come you're not a Republican?  I've never met anyone who disdains hates the dazzlers niggers as much as you me.
Doesn't want to associate with the types of people find at Republican rallies these days, I would reckon.
I'm about as likely to go to a political rally of any kind as you.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

katmai

Only political rally find me at now is AWTP. :ccr
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son