Started by jimmy olsen, May 14, 2011, 10:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Can't wait for the animated musical!  :cool:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-20062914-10391698.html
QuoteMay 14, 2011 11:37 AM
Disney trademarks "Seal Team 6"
Posted by David S Morgan 14 comments

Do we see another summer tent pole in the making, thanks in part to Osama bin Laden?

MediaBistro.com reported Friday that the Walt Disney Company has officially trademarked "Seal Team 6," which is the unit designation of the special operatives that waged the assault on the al Qaeda leader's Abbottabad compound.

The trademark applications were submitted just two days after President Barack Obama announced the commando mission that resulted in the death of bin Laden.

Ever since the May 1 announcement of the raid, much media attention and Internet traffic has been focused on the Navy SEALs counterterrorism unit, called Team Six. The Hollywood Reporter noted that St. Martin's Press pushed forward the release date of its book, "SEAL Team Six: Memoirs of an Elite Navy SEAL Sniper," owing to mushrooming interest following the OBL raid. The publisher almost quadrupled the original print run to 70,000 copies to meet demand.

Scott Miller of Trident Media Group told the Reporter that he's "already gotten calls" from Hollywood about bringing Howard Wasdin's book to the multiplex.

Is a movie in works?

Disney is certainly covering all bases: Their trademark applications for "Seal Team 6" are nothing if not comprehensive.

In addition to "entertainment and education services," they cover toys, games and playthings (including the legally all-embracing "hand-held units for playing electronic games other than those adapted for use with an external display screen or monitor"); gymnastic and sporting articles; clothing, footwear and headwear; Christmas stockings, Christmas tree ornaments and decorations; and - no doubt ideal for depicting raids in Pakistan - snow globes.

And they're not alone: MetroGames of Mountain View, Calif., this week trademarked "Team 6."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I wonder if they will be recast as actual pinnipeds.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on May 14, 2011, 11:30:23 PM
I wonder if they will be recast as actual pinnipeds.

:lmfao:

Pixar: your task is before you.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Siege

I heard a rumor it wasn't team 6 who did the raid.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Ideologue

I heard it was actually Team 7, and John Lynch killed bin Laden with his mind.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on May 15, 2011, 03:25:42 AM
Excellent reference, Ide.  You are truly an excellent poster and an asset to this place.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jamesww

Quote from: Siege on May 15, 2011, 01:06:58 AM
I heard a rumor it wasn't team 6 who did the raid.

I heard a different 'rumour', that it was planned by a 'colonel' from Hamworthy.  :hmm:

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on May 15, 2011, 06:00:19 AM
Excellent reference, Ide.  You are truly an excellent poster and an asset to this place.

I figured that one would probably be between you and me, if anybody. :hug:
Kinemalogue

JacobL

Lynch was a bad dude :showoff: