News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Cell phone mysteries

Started by Ape, April 16, 2009, 12:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ape

A couple of times the last week, a strange message has appeared on the display to my cellphone:
"Unknown is attempting to access your objects. Allow Yes No"

Am I paranoid in believing some jackass is attempting to access my photos and stuff? :shifty:
And should I take any kind of action or precaution?

As it is I've only turned off my cell-phone whenever this message has turned up.

Martinus

Do you have a bluetooth on? If so, then someone nearby is probably trying to access your mobile through it.

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on April 16, 2009, 12:02:25 PM
Do you have a bluetooth on? If so, then someone nearby is probably trying to access your mobile through it.

I used to do that all the time on the train just to annoy people. ^_^
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Turn off bluetooth, or select the option (if your phone has it) to keep Bluetooth on but not 'visible' (sort of the equivalent of turning off SSID broadcast on a wifi router).
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Quote from: mongers on April 16, 2009, 02:12:19 PM
Quote from: Caliga on April 16, 2009, 12:43:10 PM
Quote from: Martinus on April 16, 2009, 12:02:25 PM

I used to do that all the time on the train just to annoy people. ^_^

Now all you have to do is hang around here.  <_<

:P

Don't scare him away. Cal's skin is thin, like 2004 fahdiz.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Quote from: The Brain on April 16, 2009, 02:19:48 PMDon't scare him away. Cal's skin is thin, like 2004 fahdiz.

Nothing about me is thin, son.  I'm large and in charge.  :cool:

Caliga

Seriously though, it's fun to annoy and confuse people with that trick.  Last time I was at the car dealership getting my car serviced, I had either my PDA or cell with me (forget which) and saw a guy sitting across from me messing with a handheld device.  I turned on my Bluetooth manager and sure enough, his device was visible.  So I kept trying to connect to it.  It was fun watching him get all confused and at one point start tapping his handheld against the chair as if that would "fix it"  :lol:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on April 17, 2009, 07:13:24 AM
Seriously though, it's fun to annoy and confuse people with that trick.  Last time I was at the car dealership getting my car serviced, I had either my PDA or cell with me (forget which) and saw a guy sitting across from me messing with a handheld device.  I turned on my Bluetooth manager and sure enough, his device was visible.  So I kept trying to connect to it.  It was fun watching him get all confused and at one point start tapping his handheld against the chair as if that would "fix it"  :lol:

You are a dick.  :lol:

At least I know next time I'm in Louisville and somebody starts fucking with my electronic devices, i know who to kick in the nuts.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive