News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

They did it! Morrowind in Oblivion engine!

Started by grumbler, May 13, 2011, 03:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

The folks at Morroblivion have finally managed to create a usable, stable port of Morrowind into the Oblivion engine.  I was part of a project to do this years ago and know how hard it is, so i am impressed and very pleased.

It isn't 100% perfect, by any means.  Roads are still pretty ugly, and there are some crash issues.  Plus, your stats get messed up, so you have to reset them.  Still, it is here, and the quests all work (except some on Bloodmoon and most in Tribunal).

I've just started to play around with this, but it is pretty cool and exciting to me.  Worth the 3.1 gig ( :( ) downloads and the effort needed to implement.  It is a mod to Oblivion and you have to have Oblivion, Shivering Isles, Morrowind, Bloodmoon, and Tribunal all installed.  You can, however, continue existing games and characters.

Find all this at http://morroblivion.com/

Remember this guy?

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

sbr

Wow I might have to get Oblivion for this.

Pat

Norgy

Josquius

Cool, hope progress continues.
As I've said before I've wanted to get into Morrowind but the crappy gameplay fights me off. Will have to give this a go when they fix everything.
██████
██████
██████

C.C.R.

I think I just came...

...And Morroblivion looks pretty sweet, too!

:P

I'm definitely going to give this look when I get a chance...

AnchorClanker

Very cool.  I'll have to download this and get to it.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr