News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Wars of the Roses: Lancaster vs. York

Started by ulmont, May 13, 2011, 10:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

"Two Lancastrians and two Yorkists draft cards that give them control of major towns, nobles, bishops and royal castles. Income generated by these enables them to raise armies and to bribe nobles, bishops and ship captains to change allegiance. Players then use secret planning and simultaneous deployment to gain control of the six areas in England and Wales and, hopefully, enough votes in parliament to crown their royal heir as king."
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/58936/wars-of-the-roses-lancaster-vs-york

Anybody played this?  Opinions?

Berkut

I wonder if it is anything like Twilight Struggle.

Have you ever played that before ulmont?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

Looked at it a while back, didn't buy it. Don't know much about it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Octavian

The war of the roses is such a rip off from A game of Thrones. Lannisters, Lancasters come on! :rolleyes:
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

frunk

I've played it once.  It isn't bad, you are technically cooperating with one other player to improve your position.  In practice it's every man for himself, but trying to fight in different areas from your ally without really knowing where they will be fighting.

Drakken

I still prefer Kingmaker.

Speaking of which, I'd be up for a Languish game of Kingmaker.