John Demjanjuk convicted of aiding murder of 27,900 Jews in Holocaust

Started by jimmy olsen, May 13, 2011, 01:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Drakken on May 13, 2011, 11:05:30 AM
Capable of taking some wild Nazi raving antics in the second degree, why not this wild antic as well?  :lmfao:

Next time I'll put a SECOND DEGREE, NOT TO TAKE LITERALLY warning beforehand, just so that they're won't be any doubt for your fragile little minds.

Or you could simply refrain from saying strange things.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

Quote from: garbon on May 13, 2011, 11:30:55 AM

Everyone here say strange things for shock value all the time, anyway. I take this forum for what it is: one big attention-whore forum with occasional serious threads. I'm just in the norm.

But hey, if Neil can call for the extermination of all French-Canadians and have a big laugh, or Slarg call for giving Demjanjuk a medal with anyone just shrugging it off, why not all join in the shock parade and up the ante a bit? After all, we stay for the trainwrecks. We all do. :P

garbon

Quote from: Drakken on May 13, 2011, 11:34:56 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 13, 2011, 11:30:55 AM

Everyone here say strange things for shock value all the time, anyway. I take this forum for what it is: one big attention-whore forum with occasional serious threads. I'm just in the norm.

But hey, if Neil can call for the extermination of all French-Canadians and have a big laugh, or Slarg call for giving Demjanjuk a medal with anyone just shrugging it off, why not all join in the shock parade? After all, we stay for the trainwrecks. We all do. :P

You already have your shtick. Stick with it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: Drakken on May 13, 2011, 11:08:16 AM
Quote from: Neil on May 13, 2011, 11:05:02 AM
Well, he does have a profoundly unhealthy attitude towards women and sex in general.  I'm just saying that if there was one Languishite who I thought would be a serial killer, it would probably be him.
Coming from a Dreadnought-fetishist, thanks for the psycho pop diagnosis.
A healthy interest in fascinating, complex warships is a bit different from your fractured attitude towards the opposite sex and the pursuit thereof.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

BuddhaRhubarb

I'm amazed the guy lived long enough for this verdict. wasn't he already dying ages ago? If he was Al Qaeda/Taliban he would have been shot in the face without a trial... those lucky nazis.
:p

Neil

Quote from: Drakken on May 13, 2011, 11:34:56 AM
But hey, if Neil can call for the extermination of all French-Canadians and have a big laugh,
I'm afraid we're going to have to get grumbler to come in here and lecture you about strawman arguments.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Drakken

Quote from: Neil on May 13, 2011, 11:44:32 AM
I'm afraid we're going to have to get grumbler to come in here and lecture you about strawman arguments.

Not really, outrageous statements made purely for shock value and to piss people off are allowed and in the norm here. Mine's as good as yours.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on May 13, 2011, 11:01:25 AM
Slargos is a caricature, and it's his schtick to say such offensive things.  It's not disturbing because we know it's a tired schtick. 

What made your comment disturbing was the thought process behind it.  Why should killing anyone turn you on?  What are you, Dexter?
Well, he does have a profoundly unhealthy attitude towards women and sex in general.  I'm just saying that if there was one Languishite who I thought would be a serial killer, it would probably be him.

Was Slargos the one who into that dating site with the amputees?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Norgy

Quote from: DGuller on May 13, 2011, 09:39:41 AM

Wasn't this guy the ultimate foot soldier?  He was a Ukrainian aiding the Nazis to save his own life; that's as far from being a mastermind of a genocide as you can be while still being a part of it.

As far as I know, he is one of the first relatively low-ranking camp aides to end up being prosecuted. Sucks for him, since he was a POW turned Hiwi.

However, there are almost certainly a whole bunch of Bosniaks, Croats and Serbs walking around with some rather disturbing stuff on their resume that won't be prosecuted, even if the war in Yugoslavia happened just two decades ago.

Add to that the fact that author Guy Walters with a bit of research could drop by and visit various suspected Nazi war criminals at his leisure, I would say that Demjanjuk has been sort of used just to shut people up about a lack of willingness to catch and try these people.

Slargos

Quote from: Drakken on May 13, 2011, 11:46:59 AM

Not really, outrageous statements made purely for shock value and to piss people off are allowed and in the norm here. Mine's as good as yours.

Difference of course is that I was joking, whereas you are completely serious.

Come on. You don't give medals to people for doing their damn jobs.

Really..

Razgovory

I don't see why Slargos would care.  He claims he didn't do it, and he's a Slav.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Slargos on May 13, 2011, 12:19:04 PM
Quote from: Drakken on May 13, 2011, 11:46:59 AM

Really..
:lol:

Slargos has style.

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2011, 12:13:02 PM
Quote from: DGuller on May 13, 2011, 11:01:25 AM
Slargos is a caricature, and it's his schtick to say such offensive things.  It's not disturbing because we know it's a tired schtick. 

What made your comment disturbing was the thought process behind it.  Why should killing anyone turn you on?  What are you, Dexter?
Was Slargos the one who into that dating site with the amputees?
Not sure, but Drakken is into the 'seduction community', which makes him about half a step away from the guys using the date rape drug.

Drakken

Quote from: Slargos on May 13, 2011, 12:19:04 PM

Really..

Except that this wasn't a job, it was murder on a very large scale, and most of them did it because they enjoyed the idea of murdering Jews. Then they attempted to whitewash it as "the devil made me do it" or "I was ordered to" or "if I didn't do it, I would be dead".

I am completely serious that each and every one of them should be hanging by the neck, yeah, and not given life or freed under humanitarian reasons. I just anted up your shock shtick a bit more. I wasn't serious, it was all second degree and I expected (wrongly) that most people here had the common sense to see it as shock.

But Demjanjuk was one of the likes who certainly had a boner doing his "job", as you put it.

Norgy