Main Menu

Backpacking in Europe this Summer

Started by Alcibiades, April 04, 2011, 01:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesww

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 07, 2011, 12:12:54 PM
Quote from: Brazen on April 07, 2011, 04:31:59 AM
Quote from: Alcibiades on April 06, 2011, 11:40:13 AM
Brazen -  If you would like to potentially meet up the night of May 20th or maybe the 21st ( we may be leaving late afternoon on the 21st) that would be cool, though we will likely be quite jetlagged and lost.  :D
There's a good chance I could do either of those dates. And I'm used to meeting jet-lagged Languishites and feeding them overpriced London beer :P Prepare yourself - £3.30 a pint even in the suburbs now! :bleeding:

Looks like you'll be in Paris over Easter weekend. Beware that some shops will be shut Sunday and Monday (though the attractions remain open) and it might be heaving with tourists.

They celebrate Easter in May in France?  Huh, always thought it was the same for everyone.  But the prices sound fine, my friend loves trying good beer.

Quote from: jamesww on April 07, 2011, 09:49:35 AM
Quote from: Brazen on April 05, 2011, 09:41:03 AM
I could manage a beer in London  :bowler:

So could I.  :bowler:

Sounds good, I'm generally leaning towards May 21st, I believe it is a Saturday.  Flight gets in at 1130 local time, so any time that day should work well.
Quote from: The Larch on April 07, 2011, 03:57:08 AM
That sounds slightly gay...  :ph34r:  :P

Now seriously, June is traditionally a very busy time of the year in my job, so I'm not sure if I can commit to anything more than weekends right now. We can get back on this when we're closer to those dates, though. :cheers:

Yeah a little bit.   :Embarrass:

I'm actually hoping to run into people in the hostels that I can tag along with for the last leg of my trip, keep things interesting.

So is this still on ?

Are you still leaning towards the 21st May ?

Tamas

There will be a City Festival in Prague on the 23rd of June. Will you: be there?

jamesww

Quote from: Tamas on May 13, 2011, 09:36:33 AM
There will be a City Festival in Prague on the 23rd of June. Will you: be there?

So Alci isn't coming to London ?

merithyn

I understood that he was flying into London on May 21st.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

jamesww

Quote from: merithyn on May 13, 2011, 06:35:54 PM
I understood that he was flying into London on May 21st.

:hmm:

I'm in London on the Sunday, 22nd; will anyone still be around ?