News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fucking old crusty white people get in my face

Started by Scipio, May 12, 2011, 12:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Scipio on May 12, 2011, 12:02:58 PM
I am sending the man and his wife a $50.00 check for his cheap-ass JC Penney shirt, via certified mail, with a letter stating that they are not welcome on my property any more, and that the next time they enter onto it I will charge them with willful trespass.

You adding a mandatory covenant not to sue in that?

Ed Anger

Scip: +1 respect
Rest of Languish: Goddamn fucking pussies.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Scipio

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 12, 2011, 06:27:58 PM
Quote from: Scipio on May 12, 2011, 12:02:58 PM
I am sending the man and his wife a $50.00 check for his cheap-ass JC Penney shirt, via certified mail, with a letter stating that they are not welcome on my property any more, and that the next time they enter onto it I will charge them with willful trespass.

You adding a mandatory covenant not to sue in that?
Check says Settlement in full for May 11, 2011.  If they want to sue me, the animal control officer was standing right there, and he heard her say that all they wanted was for me to pay for his shirt.

I have a million dollar general liability rider on my property with a 1k deductible.  State Farm has the best attorneys in the lower part of the state working for them.  They've already told the police they suffered no injuries, because, you know, THEY SUFFERED NO FUCKING INJURIES.  RTFT, thanks.

Quote from: The First Post in the Fucking ThreadThe man was not injured.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Razgovory

Quote from: Scipio on May 12, 2011, 06:27:13 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 12, 2011, 06:26:32 PM
You are firing your client?

Yeah, I'm not a doctor.

But hell, in Mississippi, doctors and public hospitals can refuse to treat patients in non-emergency situations.

Ah, must be a pre-civil rights thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Out of curiosity, why are you petitioning for removal as counsel when it was just their friend that is a douchebag?  Was the friend communicating the enmity of your client, as well as her own?  You made it sound like it was just their friend who was an asshole, and the client themself had nothing to do with it...

Not really my business, though, and may be confidential.  If so, disregard.

Quote from: RazAh, must be a pre-civil rights thing.

You can fire a client with the leave of the court if something's happened that makes you no longer capable of representing them effectively.  If they sent their friend to harangue Scipio about his competence, that would count.  That's why I was wondering about whether the client directed or condoned the friend's behavior.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on May 12, 2011, 06:43:17 PM
I didn't know that.

It's pretty sensible.  Otherwise, you might have an attorney representing someone they may have a grudge against, or someone who they cannot in good conscience effectively represent, which is beneficial neither for the client nor the court.  It's one of those rare instances where the Rules of Professional Conduct almost recognizes that attorneys are human.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Scipio

Quote from: Ideologue on May 12, 2011, 06:41:23 PM
Out of curiosity, why are you petitioning for removal as counsel when it was just their friend that is a douchebag?  Was the friend communicating the enmity of your client, as well as her own?  You made it sound like it was just their friend who was an asshole, and the client themself had nothing to do with it...

Not really my business, though, and may be confidential.  If so, disregard.

Quote from: RazAh, must be a pre-civil rights thing.

You can fire a client with the leave of the court if something's happened that makes you no longer capable of representing them effectively.  If they sent their friend to harangue Scipio about his competence, that would count.  That's why I was wondering about whether the client directed or condoned the friend's behavior.
This lady told me that my client was bitching to her about what a shitty attorney I am.  THat's good enough for me.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Ideologue

Go kick her in the face, then.  I think that's sanctioned under the Model Rules.
Kinemalogue

garbon

Quote from: Scipio on May 12, 2011, 06:16:51 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 12, 2011, 04:45:07 PM
Scip, you know you're wrong.
No, I'm not.  They had no business being on my property.  They were not my clients; it was after business hours.  They can fuck off and die in a fire.

Let me be clear: my dog is well trained.  He knows exactly how far he can go towards the sidewalk before the electric fence shocks him.  He stays well back of that.

Regardless, I apologized to the lady, and in the letter, I apologized to her and her husband again.  But when she starts chewing my ass in public about what a piss-poor attorney I am for her friend, which is none of her fucking business, she and her husband can go fuck off and die in a fire.

And since I'm firing the client, they can hire her a new attorney, too.  And fuck all three of them with a rusty spoon.

I mean I wouldn't hire a hobo attorney either, but...:P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Scipio on May 12, 2011, 06:54:26 PM
This lady told me that my client was bitching to her about what a shitty attorney I am.  THat's good enough for me.

Matlock: Retribution

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on May 12, 2011, 06:49:34 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 12, 2011, 06:43:17 PM
I didn't know that.

It's pretty sensible.  Otherwise, you might have an attorney representing someone they may have a grudge against, or someone who they cannot in good conscience effectively represent, which is beneficial neither for the client nor the court.  It's one of those rare instances where the Rules of Professional Conduct almost recognizes that attorneys are human.

You are already know more about law stuff then Marty.

Ideologue

Martinus could probably write a better contract than I could.
Kinemalogue

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ideologue on May 12, 2011, 10:02:08 PM

His courtroom arguments might be more comprehensible too.

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 12, 2011, 10:09:20 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on May 12, 2011, 10:02:08 PM

His courtroom arguments might be more comprehensible too.

Pavel Chekov, Esq?  Yeah, right.  Besides, he's too mean: he'd badger the vitness, even if they were the wictim.
Kinemalogue