San Francisco may be 1st city to cut Yellow Pages

Started by garbon, May 11, 2011, 10:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 12, 2011, 08:12:37 AM
I've got a confession: I like Little Caesar's. Sure, I know it is the pizza equivalent to a can of Spaghetti-o's, But for 5 bucks? can't beat that. Especially now that I am feeding a platoon of kids.
Princesca picked up a mushroom pie from Little Caesar's last week for some reason, and I had leftovers of it the next day.  It was better than I remember it being. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Spiess, I had Donato's once when I was up in Cinci on business. :thumbsup:

We have a pretty good local chain here called BoomBozz, but Princesca hates it so we never go there (they have hippie pizza, stuff like pizza with sliced taters and spinach in a white sauce, etc.)  We also have another good local chain called Wick's, but you better really, really, really like cheese if you're gonna eat their pizza, because they put a mountain of cheese on top.

Barrister

There's a Little Caesar's Express 5 minutes from my house.  I hadn't had LC for years and years, but one day during the move we had no food so we picked up a pizza.

I mean I guess the price and timeliness was good, but really I've had better frozen pizza.

In WH we would go to the fancy Italian restaurant to get a pizza - really expensive at $28, but worth it.  I have to find a place like that here...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

C.C.R.

I think our average family pizza consumption over the past couple of years has been about:

45% homemade
35% local Mom & Pop pizza place (that my wife works at)
15% cheap-ass frozen pizzas (usually Jack's)
4% Papa John's
1% Pizza Hut (all for my oldest daughter - she had a reading program in school last year where they gave her coupons for free personal pan pizzas for reading X-amount)

Also worth noting that over the Winter the homemade pizza skyrockets (say twice a month or so), but when the weather heats up we tend to order out to keep the oven from fighting with the air conditioning...

:ccr

DGuller

All this discussion about pizza chains is making my throat hurt, from all the vomit passing through it.  :yuk:

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on May 12, 2011, 12:14:27 PM
All this discussion about pizza chains is making my throat hurt, from all the vomit passing through it.  :yuk:

Yeah but it was already established that you know nothing about pizza.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

With the weather heating up nicely I have a hankering to tried grilled pizza again. :mmm:

I can and do a lot of grilling in the winter, but I think trying to grill pizza in sub zero temperatures would be a mess.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on May 12, 2011, 12:16:21 PM

:rolleyes:

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on May 12, 2011, 12:23:31 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 12, 2011, 12:16:21 PM

:rolleyes:

Sorry but those are the facts. :console:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Some dude living in Jersey right outside of NYC damn well better know something about pizza. :mad:

The Brain

He's too busy eating an acre-foot of blueberries a day.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

I'm keeping all my future near-death/death experiences private.   :mad:

KRonn

Looks like SF also gave up on selling US brand autos. 

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/05/12/buy-american-cars-san-francisco/

Buy American Cars? Not in San Francisco

U.S. automakers are having a banner year in 2011. Sales are up and so are profits. And they're doing it without much help from the city of San Francisco.

On April 29, the last domestic car dealership within city limits, San Francisco Ford Lincoln, closed its showroom doors and began winding down its repair and service operations, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. Business had fallen off so much over the past few years that Ford Motor Co. itself had taken over the operation from its previous owner, but even support from the mother ship couldn't keep it afloat.

Foreign automakers, including BMW, Honda, Scion and Smart, all continue to run what appear to be thriving dealerships in the area, as San Franciscans increasingly pledge their allegiance to import brands. Even the site of the last General Motors dealership to shut down in the city -- Ellis Brooks Chevrolet – is soon to be the home of a new mega-showroom for Nissan/Infiniti.

San Francisco's tight streets, high parking rates and expensive gasoline don't lend themselves well to the kind of large vehicles that make up the bulk of sales for the Big Three, so the appeal of smaller imports is not surprising. Still, the departure of the American brands comes at a time when Ford, GM and Chrysler are in the process of reinventing themselves with more of the compact, fuel-efficient offerings that are popular in dense urban centers.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on May 12, 2011, 12:05:39 PM
There's a Little Caesar's Express 5 minutes from my house.  I hadn't had LC for years and years, but one day during the move we had no food so we picked up a pizza.

I mean I guess the price and timeliness was good, but really I've had better frozen pizza.

In WH we would go to the fancy Italian restaurant to get a pizza - really expensive at $28, but worth it.  I have to find a place like that here...
I usually just go for Pizza 73 or Boston Pizza.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

I like Papa John's.  They put a lot of garlic on the Pizza.  I love garlic.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017