Started by Caliga, April 16, 2009, 11:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

In other news, Frank Caliendo shoots himself. ^_^
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

crazy canuck

Thank God.  He should have left along a couple years ago.

derspiess

I know he annoys most people here, but I love the guy.  Even if he offers up no real insight into the game, he's still entertaining.  It's like watching a game with grandpa :)

Hope he comes back & does a few games here & there, like Keith Jackson.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP5iEYYBXZU&feature=PlayList&p=7EC31B08D3508B04&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=28

It is good to go out on top.  Which is exactly what Madden would have done if he had retired in 1994.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

About time.  He did not look well last year.

If they use Chris Collinsworth as his replacement, I'll have the every employee of NBC crucified.  Not only is he a Ravenshater, but he's a terrible announcer too.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on April 16, 2009, 11:50:20 AM
I know he annoys most people here, but I love the guy.  Even if he offers up no real insight into the game, he's still entertaining.  It's like watching a game with grandpa :)

That's how I felt when watching Pat Summerall.  Especially when he was drunk :wub:

MadImmortalMan

Now we need to knock off Dick Vitale, and we'll be in good shape.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Neil

Yeah, that's about right.  Still, there comes a time when grandpa gets really pale and thin and unwell, and it's time to put him in a home and ignore him.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on April 16, 2009, 11:55:20 AM

That's how I felt when watching Pat Summerall.  Especially when he was drunk :wub:

Never did like Pat's voice. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

Thank God, he should have retired a decade ago.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

"There goes 'fast' Willie Parker. You know the best thing about being fast? It's hard for the other guys to catch you." :bleeding:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Vince

All that remains is to "retire" Kornheiser and Jaworski :shifty:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Vince on April 16, 2009, 12:27:04 PM
All that remains is to "retire" Kornheiser and Jaworski :shifty:
What's wrong with Jaworski?

1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 16, 2009, 12:23:06 PM

"There goes 'fast' Willie Parker. You know the best thing about being fast? It's hard for the other guys to catch you." :bleeding:
To be fair, he has to dumb down his commentary for people who don't really 'get' football, like you and all the other Patriots fans.