And we're back!

Main Menu

Japanese create zombie insect robots

Started by Malthus, May 10, 2011, 09:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Literally:

http://www.botjunkie.com/2009/07/20/zombie-moth-head-controls-robot/

Yep, it's true. Freaking zombie robots controlled by a severed head.

O.K. so it's just a dead moth's head that's running the machine. Nothing to worry about. Just an inhuman severed head brought back to an undead existence to control an emotionless machine.

We're dooooooooooomed!

QuoteThe robot in the picture above is controlled by a severed moth head. The still functional antennae receive scent information and relay it to the moth's brain, which does the data processing and sends signals to muscles, which are picked up by sensors and used to steer the robot. In this particular case, the robot can't do much more than chase down sexy girl moths, but with the remapping technique, all kinds of customized moth brain sensor robots are possible. And more.

:ph34r:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Slargos

Pretty old news. Not just internet-old but Old.

Malthus

Quote from: Slargos on May 10, 2011, 09:54:50 AM

Dude, I can see the date is 2009.  :P

Edit: I thought the love of poop was a German thing - or are you taking that on, like your liking for certain aspects of German political philosophy?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Slargos

Quote from: Malthus on May 10, 2011, 09:58:36 AM
Quote from: Slargos on May 10, 2011, 09:54:50 AM

Dude, I can see the date is 2009.  :P

I'm willing to suspect that the work itself is older than the article.  :P

Zeus

To be cunning and vicious is a fairly obvious shortcut to total victory.

Monoriu

Yeah, and they need to borrow US robots to work on their damaged nuclear plant.