And we're back!

Main Menu

Dear Zoupa

Started by Monoriu, May 05, 2011, 11:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

I'm suffering from abdominal pain.  I have two choices -

1. Buscopan
2. Spasmonal cap 60mg (alverine citrate)

Which one is better? :unsure:

Zoupa

Quote from: Monoriu on May 05, 2011, 11:16:56 PM
I'm suffering from abdominal pain.  I have two choices -

1. Buscopan
2. Spasmonal cap 60mg (alverine citrate)

Which one is better? :unsure:

Well, I'm no doctor so I can't tell you what's causing the pain. For any type of gastric cramps or indigestion I would definitely suggest the Buscopan though. The alverine stuff is outdated crapola, mostly used in case nothing else works.

My 0.02$!

Lettow77

Which of these options cost less?
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Monoriu

Thanks a ton.  Good to know, I thought it was the opposite.  I used to take Buscopan for these problems.  Recently, my wife began receiving Spasmonal.  She thought that this must be newer technology or something.  I will stick to Buscopan then :hug:

Monoriu

Quote from: Lettow77 on May 05, 2011, 11:33:49 PM
Which of these options cost less?

I know that Buscopan is dirt cheap.  I got them for like US$1-2 for 10 tablets.  No idea about Spasmonal.  Leftovers from my wife's prescription.  I like to keep leftovers then self-prescribe them for similar problems.   

Monoriu

BTW I am quite sure that it is food poisoning.  My wife and I had lunch at the same place, and she has similar issues. 

Valdemar

Quote from: Monoriu on May 05, 2011, 11:36:05 PM
Leftovers from my wife's prescription.  I like to keep leftovers then self-prescribe them for similar problems.

I know you do this because you are a cheap bastard :D

But seriously, that is a very dangerous approach, both for yourself and in general. It is self and undermedication of for instance antibiotics that helps grow resistant strains.

V

Monoriu

Quote from: Valdemar on May 06, 2011, 02:25:45 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on May 05, 2011, 11:36:05 PM
Leftovers from my wife's prescription.  I like to keep leftovers then self-prescribe them for similar problems.

I know you do this because you are a cheap bastard :D

But seriously, that is a very dangerous approach, both for yourself and in general. It is self and undermedication of for instance antibiotics that helps grow resistant strains.

V

I once made the mistake of listening to a similar argument.  It was in the middle of the night and the pain was really bad.  So I took a taxi to a hospital and waited an hour.  Actual consultation with a doctor was 3 minutes.  Then I waited half an hour for the prescription.  Then paid US$80.  What did I get for all that?

9 Buscopan tablets, which I of course already had. 

Brazen

These are anti-cramp medications used for IBS and the like. For pain from suspected food poisoning you should take painkillers, drink lots of water and don't eat for 24 hours.

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Monoriu

Quote from: Brazen on May 06, 2011, 03:57:02 AM
These are anti-cramp medications used for IBS and the like. For pain from suspected food poisoning you should take painkillers, drink lots of water and don't eat for 24 hours.

I thought Buscopan is a pretty good painkiller? :unsure:  Usually it works, but sometimes it doesn't. 

Monoriu

Quote from: Pedrito on May 06, 2011, 04:10:32 AM
Quote from: Brazen on May 06, 2011, 03:57:02 AM
don't eat for 24 hours.
DO YOU WANT TO KILL HIM?

L.

There is absolutely no way I can avoid eating for 24 hours.  12 is probably max  :blush:

Brazen

Quote from: Monoriu on May 06, 2011, 05:13:54 AM
There is absolutely no way I can avoid eating for 24 hours.  12 is probably max  :blush:
And that's sleeping, right?

Monoriu

Quote from: Brazen on May 06, 2011, 05:23:24 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on May 06, 2011, 05:13:54 AM
And that's sleeping, right?

Right  :blush:

Monoriu

Now it has gotten 10x worse.  Diarrhea, and severe pain.  3 visits to the toilet within 10 minutes.

Now I have self-prescribed -

Zantac x1
Strocain x2
Buscopan x1
Lacteol fort x2

Since I am at home and not at work, I have refrained from taking -

Lomotil x1

But if this continues I may take it anyway to save some toilet paper.

I also think this is an excellent time to eat tons of stuff.  My theory is that everything I eat will leave the system so quickly that there is no time to take in any calories.  Imagine that - eating without getting fat  :showoff: